1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

what size turbo for my d16 mini swap

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by HONDUH22, Oct 30, 2010.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. HONDUH22

HONDUH22 New Member

i have a mini me swap d16 head and im boosting it with a turbo. i have not even purchased a thing yet just researching so far. I staying on the safe side as to not get to big of a turbo that will show a significant lag with the motor. I was told by a friend a t3 is way to big and that a t2 shud be the perfect size for this motor. also what does every1 thing about a turbo off ebay? yes? no? im not going w the kit but buying it piece by piece pretty much.

2. BADFISH

BADFISH New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Dude just search.... it's on here I'm sure.

but, I would start looking at the 14b or a garrett T25.

3. TigBitties

TigBitties Frame Bangin Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

ive only heard problems about the ebay turbos. seals go bad quickly and such. Do it right the first time

4. 2slo4u

2slo4u wait4me Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

5. Rickdaddy

Rickdaddy awwwwwh snaps

A guy from my city was running a mini me with a t3/t4 .57 trim (or was it a .50 trim? I forget). The lag didn't really bother him at all and it was mainly used for drag racing. If it were me, I'd look into the gt2871r. It's a smaller/quicker spooling turbo that you'll have lots of fun with.

6. maximusmda

maximusmda New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

:word: td05 for the MFW!