What springs and shocks/struts match?

Cee

Not too long ago i started hearing some noises coming from the driver side everytime there would be a change in the road (bumps, small dips, speed bumps, etc) and it made a kinda squeeky eerie noise. not too loud, but loud enough i can hear (ocassionally the passanger side can hear it. I immediately assumed it was my suspension.

So that brings me to the real question.

I was thinking about getting some progress technology springs. Pretty good price and a good ride height, but what shocks/struts would be best optimized with these springs?

It said tokico and bilstein are good options on the item description but wanted a more in-depth observation/response from the fellow experts at clubcivvic.

Please and thank you for your time.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
IMHO if u can afford it, get full coilovers. Function and form or skunk2 aren't too bad good quality and most importantly adjustable. Better then dropping 400+ on sprigs/struts and latter in deciding u want to go lower.

Cee

I heard that with just shocks and springs the ride comfort will be better than if i was too go with full coilovers.
Since its my DD i don't want it to be uncomfortable. I drive about 250 miles a week i think so comfort is pretty big on the list.

As far as height. i'll go measure it and check out how low i want it to. I dont really want it slammed. TONS of areas i couldnt go with it like that. I just want lower than factory height.

Appreciate the response sir, ty =)

EDIT: Do skunk2 shocks work with the progress springs or should i just get the skunk2 springs and skunk2 shocks?

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm running Tokico HP shocks and Tein H type springs on mine. The H type only drop about an inch from stock height, so not scraping over every piece of gravel on the road.
I do admit that it's about time for me the change MY shocks, as I've had them about 6 years or so. Still ride ok, but I'm starting to get some noise from right rear area whenever I go over bumps. (might just be the bushings need to be greased, but 100k miles on a set of shocks is probably at the limit of the service life)

Cee

my car has about 216k miles on it and its all stock until i got it. replaced air intake, valve cover, spark plugs, spark plug wires, oil cap filler, and valve cover gasket. Changed oil recently and about to replace the headlight corners since i was missing 1 side. This car is ancient :( everytime i fix something, something else needs repairs so yeah. replaced window regulator this morning. Now just gotta handle the shocks, Didnt notice any noise today though, strangely enough.