What to do with my 1999 civic..?

sirux

1999 Honda civic SI (ex in the U.S)
Well, my civic is getting close to 200,000km (125,000 miles) And its still in good condition but there is a bit of rust on hood and paint peeling all over the place.
I currently have a cold air intake and headers and a SIR(american si) exhaust.

Car runs great, still gets great mileage.. but I don't know if I should drive it till its dead(put another grand or two on it) or just give up on it?

First of all I want a louder exhaust, can I just buy exhausts that'd connect directly to my current SIR(SI) exhaust I have on my car? If so.. what should I look for? Skunk2? Apex-i N1?

I guess I should get my timing belt done, transmission flush, might as well change AC pump and Power steering.. as something is squeeling around that area..? And maybe get my coolant flush done too?

Any suggestions at all for my car?
Thanks!!!!!

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
y8's are nice for boost. Look into that, that's what I'm doing.

Also for exhaust just get a cheap ebay catback and a test pipe. Then get whatever muffler you want, unless the stock one on that piping works for ya. That's the cheapest way to get piping.

sirux

Don't think anyone in New Brunswick, Canada is good for installing turbos and tuning lol.

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
depending on what you really wanna do, I would do an all around good tune-up. T-belt, h20 pump, all drive beles..flush and change ALL fluids...make sure you are starting with a good reliable base..

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do a compression test, and if you have a leak do a leak down. If it's really that bad. swap, if not, BOOST.

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ These are great suggestions. Basically, if you only want to keep the car a few more years--which is a good goal--you need to determine how much money you'll be putting into it to make it last that long. If it's anything over $1000, it's not worth it.

Price out how much a full tuneup will be. Subtract anything that has already been done, and take it from there.