What Type of Transmission/Gearbox do i have?

thedubliner

Hi, the transmission/gearbox in my car is nearly dead and I have been ringing around to some scrapyards to get a second hand one however I am not sure what type it is, they keep telling me there will be a marking on the casing(possibly S21 or S40) but I cannot find anything except a sticker with the following code 1M-2069676.
Does anyone know what type of gearbox it is, the car is a VTEC-E 1996 Manual tran, engine D15Z3, SOHC.

Thanks

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi, the transmission/gearbox in my car is nearly dead and I have been ringing around to some scrapyards to get a second hand one however I am not sure what type it is, they keep telling me there will be a marking on the casing(possibly S21 or S40) but I cannot find anything except a sticker with the following code 1M-2069676.
Does anyone know what type of gearbox it is, the car is a VTEC-E 1996 Manual tran, engine D15Z3, SOHC.

Thanks
ANY manual trans from a SINGLE cam 96-00 trans should work AND i believe any 92-95 single cam transmissions will work as well..

i had a d16y8 with a 95 SI (single cam) trans and it worked fine..

_REV_

SkooT or DiE
5+ Year Member

Thanks
Any D-series transmission will work.

ratonic

yeah but that wasn't the question. the question was "Does anyone know what type of gearbox it is?"
Where on the trany does it have the code or marking? I'd like to know also.