1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

What Type of Transmission/Gearbox do i have?

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by thedubliner, Apr 3, 2010.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. thedubliner

thedubliner New Member

Hi, the transmission/gearbox in my car is nearly dead and I have been ringing around to some scrapyards to get a second hand one however I am not sure what type it is, they keep telling me there will be a marking on the casing(possibly S21 or S40) but I cannot find anything except a sticker with the following code 1M-2069676.
    Does anyone know what type of gearbox it is, the car is a VTEC-E 1996 Manual tran, engine D15Z3, SOHC.

Thanks

2. oc_civic

oc_civic .................... Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

ANY manual trans from a SINGLE cam 96-00 trans should work AND i believe any 92-95 single cam transmissions will work as well..

i had a d16y8 with a 95 SI (single cam) trans and it worked fine..

3. _REV_

_REV_ SkooT or DiE 5+ Year Member

Any D-series transmission will work.

4. ratonic

ratonic New Member

yeah but that wasn't the question. the question was "Does anyone know what type of gearbox it is?"
    Where on the trany does it have the code or marking? I'd like to know also.