What's a 1999 SI worth

Jdavisjp

I have the chance to buy a 1999 SI with 93000 miles, completely stock in great condition for $5500. Is this a good deal? I have an 02 ex coupe that I am giving to my son so I would like to buy another civic for myself. Thanks for any help

FreeOfThoughts

The joy of driving
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That is a fair price if the car is clean and not run to hell. If you're good you may be able to talk them down to $5k. With the available tech knowledge and aftermarket parts out there especially for the '99 SI owning one is not ever a bad idea.

Jdavisjp

My wife's uncle bought the car new and has been the only owner( he's 52). So the car has had a pampered life. Do the SI engines hold up as well as the none SI.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Seriously?

www.kbb.com

Jdavisjp

I'm not really looking to do any mods, I just want something decent on gas to replace the EX I am giving to my son. I'm not that familiar with civics, and buying a 13 year old car makes me a little nervous.

Trekk

Registered VIP
most of the ones around here are wrecked and or have a rebuilt title and thse people want arond 5k.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea 5k is fine especially if it;s within the family. and if anything ever does go bad on it there's tons of parts out there.

the only negative thing about that model of civic is it's pretty high up on the stolen car list.

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
talk him down to 5k and you got yourself a great deal. Its a honda man, they last forever

Jdavisjp

I drive back and forth to work 18 mile one way. The 02 EX I' m giving to my son averaged 35. I don't care about HP I just want something that will last me a while and get good mpg. I paid $500 for the EX a year ago and it had 142000 on it. It is the 1st Honda that I have owned. I replaced front struts, timing belt water pump, and breaks front and rear, and I have been more Han happy with it. If I can expect the same out of the 99" SI I will be happy.

HonDaReal

Yea u can expect all that plus the extras the si offers. On the freeway u might actually save gas with the si motor

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My wife's uncle bought the car new and has been the only owner( he's 52). So the car has had a pampered life. Do the SI engines hold up as well as the none SI.
I say they do. D16 rods are very weak and B series can take much more beating before going out.
I would highly recommend the car, specially for $5k. I hope to pick one up in the future, EM1's are beautiful. :lol:

DEFINITELY get an alarm and a kill switch.

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That sounds like a great deal! Can't find any si's around here for that price