Whats code is CEL that flashes 7 times for OBD2 B18c??? TPS??

B18cbubble

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a CEL (check engine light) and it flashes 7 times for an OBD2 B 18c. is that the TPS (throttle Position Sensor)?

If its not the TPS...just give me the code, i have the list of codes here already!! thanks

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
7 fast blinks or say 3-4 long blinks, and then like 3-4 fast blinks, or if it is seven fast ones like you think, then it is the tps and you should replace it, honda will say that you will have to buy a whole new throttle body which is several hundred dollars, or you could just get another D/F/H/B series throttle body from like 88 if mpfi to about 00. You can't take the tps sensor off unless you slot the tamper proof bolts w/ a dremmel and a cutoff wheel for it. You can get the same type of thread bolts with a different head to put back on so you can get it tight. If you get a helms manual, it will tell you how to do it. It should be set at .5 volts resistance when the throttle is closed, and 4.5 when it is fully open. You could test yours the same way with it on the car. They are usually off in the middle range, say if you hold it at 3000, it should kinda go up and down which is a sign that it is bad and needs replacing.