whats difference between the LX, EX?

dookie_j

5+ Year Member
can you get your automatic switched into a manually??
yea u can but y would u do that? It would end up costing u more than jus buying and SI or a civic with a manual trans in it already

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
One can do an auto --> manual swap...but your spending way too much $.. The car cost more with the auto to begin with, then your gonna spend more on swapping it to a manual...I would just try and learn

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
maybe... but personally i like auto better.. why do you recommend man? and that civic i posted it sold... so i am trying to find another..

can anybody help me search for any around my area?
Here's why 90% of the people on here suggest manual transmissions....Automatic transmissions steal power. If you plan on modding the car's performance at all, and you get an automatic, you're gonna be hating yourself because those mods won't do much of anything

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Here's why 90% of the people on here suggest manual transmissions....Automatic transmissions steal power. If you plan on modding the car's performance at all, and you get an automatic, you're gonna be hating yourself because those mods won't do much of anything
Great point...Auto trans you will lose on avg 30% hp...manual only about 15%...that's a big difference!!! Besides, I just can't help but laugh at these guys runnin around with an intake and exhaust then hear the auto trans do its thing lol

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
haha yeahh.. but im not big into racing and stuff like that.
Well, racing doesn't have a lot to do with it really. It's not like everyone with a 5 speed is a race junkie. Some people like shifting gears and some people like having the car do it for them. Since you don't know how to drive a manual transmission, I'd suggest you give it a shot somehow before you make your final decision. Then you'll really know if you like it or not.

florida13

ok UPDATE haha: my friend is coming over today with his car.. he said shifting is real easy.. IF i can get the hang of it... then i might as well buy the S.I.

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Shifting is the easy part...Gotta get used to starting off...just feel when the clutch grabs...you'll never go back

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well first thing's first.... If you can afford the Si, go for it. If it's going to put a strain, or even tighten your budget to the point where you don't feel comfortable knowing you might not be able to pay for something because you got an Si, don't get an Si. My brother could've gotten an EM1 (Si) way back when. He had the money. He chose not to because it would've put him on an extremely tight budget. You have to think about your life first.

Secondly, I hate driving manual. It's annoying. I like just pressing the gas and brake. I stand and walk A LOT at my jobs so my knees cramp up by the end of the day and my legs are just dead. I want to be able to just get in and use 1 foot/leg. But in the end, I think I'll always have a manual. It's nice being in control of your car. Especially in the winter. Manual comes in handy A LOT in the winter. But then again, you're in Florida so I don't think it matters lol.

florida13

well its not because i cant afford it.. i build websites for people online and make good $ and plus i am going to find a job locally..

but i dont know what a price range is thats worth it.

florida13

i found an incredible deal.. told him i was new to manual and stuff and he said:

its a stag 4 clutch.. its a racing clutch and very stiff.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Don't get it lol. Racing clutches are a b***h to drive daily. They're STIFF and they grab hard.

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
Secondly, I hate driving manual. It's annoying. I like just pressing the gas and brake. I stand and walk A LOT at my jobs so my knees cramp up by the end of the day and my legs are just dead. I want to be able to just get in and use 1 foot/leg. But in the end, I think I'll always have a manual. It's nice being in control of your car. Especially in the winter. Manual comes in handy A LOT in the winter. But then again, you're in Florida so I don't think it matters lol.
:word:
I feel you on the annoying aspect of manuals, at least in the workplace. Try delivering pizza in a 5 speed haha. It's even more of a b***h when you have to work while you're in the car...by work "in the car" I mean using both hands and both feet at all times. I enjoy delivering pizza as a job, but I hate using my car for it. But like you said, I'll probably always have a 5 speed too, it's great to have total control over the car and not have some electronic signal in control of my gears =)

florida13

yeah i passed on that race one lol... i found a couple others... 2006 Si for 12,000 with like 70,000 miles with ton extras... and there is another..

anybody got AIM who rlly knows wut theyre doing.. like when it comes to dealing with cars? so i can talk

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:word:
I feel you on the annoying aspect of manuals, at least in the workplace. Try delivering pizza in a 5 speed haha. It's even more of a b***h when you have to work while you're in the car...by work "in the car" I mean using both hands and both feet at all times. I enjoy delivering pizza as a job, but I hate using my car for it. But like you said, I'll probably always have a 5 speed too, it's great to have total control over the car and not have some electronic signal in control of my gears =)
I delivered for my parent's pizza place back in the day. The only thing I ever had were manual trans. My jeep is an auto, just b/c my wife uses it in the winter to deliver mail with. Otherwise, I hate auto's. Boring and too f'n expensive to maintain...Until I'm old and my knee gives out, I'll be switchin gears on my own.

Dude, you just have to put the work into finding the car yourself. Do your research on KBB, Edmunds.com. Go with a car that is as stock as possible. If it's full of aftermarket acc's, then it's most likely been ragged on. Other than that you just gotta put the work in and do some local research. Car values differ from state to state, region to region.