What's the auxiliary port on the back of the factory radio for

Brewster

I have a '98 Honda Civic DX with a factory radio that controls a factory CD player that I just installed a month or so ago. When I pulled out the radio to plug in the CD Player I noticed the auxiliary plug. Just curious to know what that is for or could be used for. Thanks in advance

emerican

Registered VIP
I would guess he means where the cd player and radio piece are different pieces. Thats just what my guess is. Like how my ex came with a singe disk cd player seperate behind the cupholders.

Butterz

'99 and '00 EKs came with a double din opening that had the radio and the CD/tape player separate depending on the factory audio system that was selected.

Unlike '96 - '98 that had a single din opening.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
that would be nice well if theres a aux option on your radio you should be able to connect your i pod to the aux(;
and have thousands of songs to the palm of your hand :D

emerican

Registered VIP
thats just how my radio was in my 98 before i put a aftermarket headunit in it.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Sorry for a thread jack but does an aux. cable plug into this for anything or is it possible? I would love to be able to use my iPod without a fm transmitter or buying a new head unit...

Butterz

You can get a piece that hardwires into your antenna. It's like a transmitter that's hardwired. I used to sell them at Future Shop.

Brewster

Sorry for a thread jack but does an aux. cable plug into this for anything or is it possible? I would love to be able to use my iPod without a fm transmitter or buying a new head unit...
This is exactly what I want to know. Yes or no? I don't want to install a aftermarket radio at all. I usually don't lock my doors or have anything In it to attract a thief other than the car itself