1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

whats the biggest size i can go?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Tires / Brakes / Suspension (All Gens)' started by bwahhj128, Jan 29, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. bwahhj128

bwahhj128 New Member

ok,you know when you buy rims and they will say 15X6.5 or 13X8. whats the last number that a civic will fit in? like whats the biggest size for a 95 civic coupe. i wanted to get thos diamond racing custom steel wheels and i wanna make my stance like the hella flush stance and i need to know what exact size i need to get for the steelies to have that look. im dropped on tein basics with no camber kit but i can always raise my height up incase the wheels need me to with out cutting the fender. thanks and please let me know the biggest size for my car. thank you. oh and im looking for a size 15" or 14" but let me know the X?? number. thanks again.

2. 31dev31

31dev31 Chillin' Canadian Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

It depends on the offset of the wheels itself. You will have to do a bit more research and read up on other car build threads to get a better idea of what you're looking for.

3. DaOne

DaOne New Member

That last number is the WIDTH of the rim itself. meassured in inches..

4. Ron...

Ron... New Member 5+ Year Member

go with 15x8 :p

5. 31dev31

31dev31 Chillin' Canadian Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Wrong. Last number is offset. Width is second number, sometimes even first depending on who makes the wheels.

Example:

15x8 et+36 OR 8x15 et+36.

6. d16racer88

d16racer88 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

reffering to what the OP stated the last number he was looking at was the rim width. most ppl dont know to look at the different offsets.

Id also get 15x8 but personally i like 15x7. 15x7 fits perfectly with no rubbing. dont know bout the fitment for 15x8

7. MistahJuice

MistahJuice 100% real juice Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Had a site that let you see what wheels would work best for your car but it wont load for me right now. Maybe it will work for you

http://www.wheelrack.com/

8. Redline57

Redline57 New Member 5+ Year Member

There are several factors. Like a 16x8 +40 this means its a 16" diameter, 8" wide rim, and the offset is +40 millimeters. The wider the wheel gets, the more the offset has to be so that it doesn't hit the knuckle. And of course too wide could rub the fender if you are lowered enough. So its more of who "knows" this stuff. Also things like having a smaller wheel like a 15" have a tire that bulges out and can rub on hard cornering at full steering, where a 17" with the same width/diameter may not have that problem because the sidewall doesnt bulge so much and the tire flexes less.

Sorry if this is too much info.