whats the biggest size i can go?

bwahhj128

ok,you know when you buy rims and they will say 15X6.5 or 13X8. whats the last number that a civic will fit in? like whats the biggest size for a 95 civic coupe. i wanted to get thos diamond racing custom steel wheels and i wanna make my stance like the hella flush stance and i need to know what exact size i need to get for the steelies to have that look. im dropped on tein basics with no camber kit but i can always raise my height up incase the wheels need me to with out cutting the fender. thanks and please let me know the biggest size for my car. thank you. oh and im looking for a size 15" or 14" but let me know the X?? number. thanks again.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It depends on the offset of the wheels itself. You will have to do a bit more research and read up on other car build threads to get a better idea of what you're looking for.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That last number is the WIDTH of the rim itself. meassured in inches..
Wrong. Last number is offset. Width is second number, sometimes even first depending on who makes the wheels.

Example:

15x8 et+36 OR 8x15 et+36.

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wrong. Last number is offset. Width is second number, sometimes even first depending on who makes the wheels.

Example:

15x8 et+36 OR 8x15 et+36.
reffering to what the OP stated the last number he was looking at was the rim width. most ppl dont know to look at the different offsets.

Id also get 15x8 but personally i like 15x7. 15x7 fits perfectly with no rubbing. dont know bout the fitment for 15x8

Redline57

5+ Year Member
There are several factors. Like a 16x8 +40 this means its a 16" diameter, 8" wide rim, and the offset is +40 millimeters. The wider the wheel gets, the more the offset has to be so that it doesn't hit the knuckle. And of course too wide could rub the fender if you are lowered enough. So its more of who "knows" this stuff. Also things like having a smaller wheel like a 15" have a tire that bulges out and can rub on hard cornering at full steering, where a 17" with the same width/diameter may not have that problem because the sidewall doesnt bulge so much and the tire flexes less.

Sorry if this is too much info.