Whats the optimal RPM shifting per gear?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It all depends on where your power curve straightens out at. You have to go to the dyno to figure that out. I think mine was at like 5600rpm, anything after that is all noise and nothing more ;) My line is straight as a mofo too :D

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do an oil change ;) Then practice launching, and shiting quicker, do you feel like he might just be getting the jump on you by shifting better? And you do want to use your red line or near red line as it helps you get in your powerband of your next gear.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I walked on an ex with my LX d16y7 with another passenger in the car...its all about how you drive it. I shift around 6500 cuz that is what i have my tack light set to go off. all I had was Intake, custom cat back 2.5 to eBay N1 and obx race wires...:what:

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Team2000 said:
Do an oil change ;) Then practice launching, and shiting quicker, do you feel like he might just be getting the jump on you by shifting better? And you do want to use your red line or near red line as it helps you get in your powerband of your next gear.
that made me laugh. try shifting at where your buddy shifts. see what happends. he could just be a better driver...

TilhasBB

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
better idea =)
I went into his car and he drove my car. its DIFFERENT...
he has a LOT more power MID END than me. where I get power at 6000 he gets it at 5000rpm... so yes i shifted like him in his car and i beat him.... well beat my car he was driving... Weird..
tranny might have been changed? or my clutch is going and its slipping?

TilhasBB

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh THERE IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT. I took out my heatsheild cuz it was making a ratteling noise... weird it makes tat much a difference.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TilhasBB said:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh THERE IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT. I took out my heatsheild cuz it was making a ratteling noise... weird it makes tat much a difference.

more heat makes that much of a difference?

TilhasBB

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
seems so except if my headers got a leak as well or something...lol
will find out soon going to find a head sheild and pop it on

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EXSpeedAddict said:
Your powerband is the same in every gear. Maybe you have a dx tranny and noone told you, maybe your car has mechanical problems or...
Was thinking the same thing. At 60mph in 5th gear, what RPM are you in?