when to change the fuel filter

AngelMR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i had my car for almost 50k miles and my car is now 140k when should i change my fuel filter? thanks

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
depends when it was last changed! u could do it now to be on the safe side, its hardly the most expensive or difficult part to replace

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
According to Honda, the fuel filter NEVER needs to be replaced. But, Id still change it out. Im at 126k miles, and havent changed mine yet. Its on my "to-do" list.

d00dle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i've never heard such a thing as fuel filter. thats right.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
technically it should not need changing unless your fuel pressure is below spec. and its a pain to get at it inside the fuel tank.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
technically it should not need changing unless your fuel pressure is below spec. and its a pain to get at it inside the fuel tank.
Your thinking fuel pump...

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mine certainly is by the firewall. the other common place for them is to the rear of the car by the side skirt. never heard of it actually being in the fuel tank before

AngelMR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my fuel pressure when my car is at a stop is around 30 -40psi which i think is good isnt?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
suppose to be around 41-60psi, usually more around 41ish

808EK96

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's not that expensive to change. I changed mine twice since I had my car. Peace of mind I guess.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i changed mines at 50k miles, but thats onnly because i had the fuel pump out

AngelMR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so 41 to 60 at a stop? wow i thought mine was ok will it drive more smooth?

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
According to Honda it doens't need to be changed....... That is until it gets clogged and takes out the fuel pump after warranty and then when you replace the fuel pump they'll say "hey why'll we're in there, we should replace the fuel filter..."

Civic2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
According to Honda it doens't need to be changed....... That is until it gets clogged and takes out the fuel pump after warranty and then when you replace the fuel pump they'll say "hey why'll we're in there, we should replace the fuel filter..."
haha yeah ive been working at honda for about 2 months and have already done that about 4-5 times lol, soccer moms in their odysseys are so gullible =)

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just change mine and also ripped my arm open on the strut tower.