Where can you get really bright headlights??

CIVICEXJMS

5+ Year Member
Hey i wanted to know where can you get the headlights/light bulbs thats are extremely bright, they have a lil bit of a bluish tint to them?? I have stock headlights and i can barely see at night. Please let me know thanks.
i have a 2000 civic ex. Thanks!

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can get them at alot of places, they are an HID kit, look at procivic.com the ones you are looking for are the 8000k rating. They'll run you around $200

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^^^^Don't listen to him unless you want to piss off everyone on the road.

You have really two options:
A) Do it the right way and get HID's and make a retrofit for them
B) Just get some bulbs like the Nokya Arctic White's, which will not blind other drivers and still give off a slightly bluish tint

liful

5+ Year Member
I kind of want the same thing for my civic, the lights are really pale yellow and I can't see as good as I would like to at night.

I really just want some newer lights like you would see on an S2000 or something, is it possible to just buy a bulb that you can just replace as strong as something like that? Or do you have to get HID's and retrofit them (or buy a kit I don't know).

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get some Ultra White ones at AutoZone. Pretty bright and doesn't blind others.

smooveCRiMiNAL

5+ Year Member
just bought my HID kit from mengmotorsports.com $100 bucks with harness, go check it out, search the forums on here, they have a $5 discount. really good product, shipping was fast, gl

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get new headlights (the housings) from ebay and also get the HIDs from ebay, they have'em mad cheap and some offer a 1 or 2 year warranty on them. You can buy HIDs for as low as $45 so it's up to you, and since you want brightness, the temperature with the most lumen output would be an H4 (bulb type for civic) and a 6000 or 6k temp. It's the brightest, the 8000 or 8k are more to the blue-ish spectrum.
s**t, for $100 you can get H4 6k for the headlights and H3 3k for ur fogs and you'll be able to see anything at night. A retrofit is nice but its a hastle to make compared to just plug'n play from the HIDs

brent_si™

Ballers roll 20+ psi
5+ Year Member
Why waste money on useless bulbs. Who gives a f**k if you blind people. But if you are really concerned I got a set of 6000k bi-xenon hid's with glare shields and lifetime warranty for $175 on ebay. I have had them 3 years and they have replaced 2 ballasts for free. Or you can rice out a civic with gay projector retrofit.

DOPEYBOY247

5+ Year Member
plug-n-play HID kits 4300k-6000k. If you want bluish/white get 6000k.

if your looking for bulbs: Sylvania Silverstar, Sylvania XtraVision, or Sylvania Cool blue bulbs.
Any of those blue tinted bulbs reduce visibility/brightness to achieve the 'bluish' color.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i have a pair of HID's forsale if you want a set...

Slickcivic

No Low is Too Low
5+ Year Member
Check out the OSRAM Nightbreakers. They are very bright and they look like bluish-white. Plus, it's a standard 55w/60w so you don't have to modify your wirings.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Uh it's either HIDs or stock bulbs, tinted bulbs actually make the output worse.

FJRLen

5+ Year Member
Need headlight help and want to do it right
What are the details?
Thank you in advance for your reply.
Also, may need help on terminology.

Thanks again
FJRLen

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Go to autozone or advanced auto or whatever and tell them what you want.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why waste money on useless bulbs. Who gives a f**k if you blind people. But if you are really concerned I got a set of 6000k bi-xenon hid's with glare shields and lifetime warranty for $175 on ebay. I have had them 3 years and they have replaced 2 ballasts for free. Or you can rice out a civic with gay projector retrofit.
haha are you serious?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
IPF bulbs. brighter than HIDs. nuff said