where is the float? civic Lx 4 door

do you have the same problem with your gauge/float not showing correct results?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Terrell Russell

So I've been replacing anything that has todo with the fuel. So I just replaced the fuel pump about a month ago and now I'm trying to replace or fix the float in the car. So my gas gauge is going up and down when ever I gas it, but most of the time stop and go in traffic. So it's ether my gauge( don't think it's the gauge)or the float. So I believe if I'm correct the float is accessible right next to where the fuel pump in the backseat. Is this true? Is it actually right by the fuel pump? That's what I really want to know where is the float in my honda civic lx 4 door 98. Thanks guys!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Despised Icon

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Most common problem in a civic. Had you done a quick google search you would have found that MANY people have been complaining about it since they came out well over 20 years ago. Not much around it, replacing it will get a little better but it might still happen. Mine had a new float, sender, and pump and it still did it.

Terrell Russell

I've been researching this for weeks and found almost next to nothing. What I'm getting from this is there is a no fix pretty much. Well that sucks.