where to buy

mitch92

Hey im Mitch
im about to buy my first car
i want to buy a 93 Hatchback but not sure what type or where to look to buy one
i want to buy one that is half way there like has a swap in it already and some upgrades so that i dont have to do a bunch of work
my budget is tight right now but like to 3000 is all good

what should i look for/ and stay away from

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
craigslist is your best shot...just make sure the car isn't a hack job...if they have papers to prove the swap was done at a shop that's good...but most people stay away from modified car because you never know if anything was done good until its to late and you end up with someone else's problems but just look and be careful...dont hope on the first car you see..check out a few before buying

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're looking for a car that is already swapped make sure that you find out everything you can about it before you get it and do your own research, don't take the sellers word. Make sure you see the engine code that is printed on the block, make sure it has the right ecu, try to look at the wiring for obvious problems, etc. Craigslist is probably one of the better places to find something like that, you just have to make sure you're getting something that was done right.

I would say when looking at a modified car, less is more. I can understand wanting something that already has a swap and maybe some bolt-ons but I would avoid anything with claims of a chipped ecu or anything done to the internals just because it's hard to know what was really done. I'd also check out the rear wheel wells and see if there is any rust forming on the quarter panels.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'd recommend buying a stock car and modifying it yourself. Buying someone elses project is always a headache. You never know what they did and how they did it. Never EVER take a sellers word on anything. It can become a nightmare. I've seen it happen plenty of times. Plus you learn more when you do everything yourself.

Local craigslist, even eBay, cars.com, autotrader, etc.

mitch92

haha yeha thats true about buying my own car

I dono i just want to get a car that has a bit of stuf in it
like ive found hatchbacks with swaps in them and that have coil overs and springs,
but like i need to kno what engine to look for that is the best for makeing it quick with the least amount fmoney
im not going to cut corners tho ill put in the time and money to make it right

boombotz401

Price seems too good to be true the engine alone is worth more than the asking price of the car...if of seems to good it probly is...have a good Honda tech check it out...if you have 3k to spend and want a swap i personally would check out a scrapyard for a decent shell...probly cost you around 600 you'll have 2400 for swap and will leave you cash to play with suspension/or bolt ons

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk