where's the governor?

hoyer15

i have a 95 civic ex coupe and it's limited at 100. doesnt go any faster. someone help me out and tell me how to get it out of there.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why do you need to exceed 100 in your stock civic?

your civic probably doesnt go much faster than that, it has like 90 crank hp. so like 60 wheel lol

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just slow down and you won't have an issue.

Zedicous

i have a 95 civic ex coupe and it's limited at 100. doesnt go any faster. someone help me out and tell me how to get it out of there.
U.S. cars have no govs, jdm does at 115mph, do you have the stock tire size. If it is being governed, it's in the ecu.. Try another p28 ecu.

RonJ

Banned
The D16Z6 engine is NOT limited by wheel speed. It is limited by engine speed, which 7400 rpm.

And slow down before you kill somebody.

Culberson

condoms prevent minivans
you may think you "look cool" zooming by people on the highway but the truth is life isnt like the F&F movies. slow down and concider others...and your insurance

086head

Registered VIP
geeze lotta bashing folks around here hahaha. Just being sarcastic. I kinda like this thread for the simple fact that I have a D16z6 SOHC, and I have no freakin idea what it maxes out at. I bought the car with the catalytic converter cut off and no 02 sensor and so far I have had it up to 130. Someway it doesnt redline so reving it in neutral is not an option. This car has had a lot of redneck work done on it by the time I got it. Before I start catching s**t about speeding there is a 2 mile straightaway in the country where I live, we drag for cash or fun. If I put up a video would you guys mind checking it out to let me know what yall think about the motor? ECU has been chipped and this car has me running in circles going wtf 90% of the time