Which Honda Engine Enjoys Boost?

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay I'm seriously doing my research and I think the best bet for a EM1 to be somewhat lethal would be to do k20 swap and slap a turbo kit on it with 15 psi.

However, I'm reading alot that GSR's are the way to go with high psi's.

I'm just looking to take out a few SRT's by where I live their rain has to come to a halt.

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you can afford a k20 and a turbo, forget the gsr

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A K20 runs about $6000 shipped and a decent turbo kit is also around $4000-5000 shipped. So with about ten thousand add about $2000 for install an tune total ranging out to be $12 thousand the car should be SRT beatable?

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dont_Tri said:
A K20 runs about $6000 shipped and a decent turbo kit is also around $4000-5000 shipped. So with about ten thousand add about $2000 for install an tune total ranging out to be $12 thousand the car should be SRT beatable?
Don't quote me because I'm not a mechanic, but it f#$%king better be!

God i hate neons..

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that car should be more than just SRT beatable....and i think u can find both engine and turbo for a lil lower just keep lookin

Brian Spilner

Banned
with $12,000 you better hope your car runs damn close to 10's....or ill f**king laugh at you rich boi's

If i were going to spend $12,000 on a honda tho the block would be a dart block and everything would be done right.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is this really a realistic goal? (serious question)

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
is this really a realistic goal? (serious question)

Yes it is I'm tired of having the same F-ing SRT whined his turbo and take off when ever I'm crusing downt he highway. It's like he looks for Hondas to race. So I want to take on a project for the winter. K20+Turbo Kit+alot of other things that go into building a F-ing fast EM1. My main focus is to have a SRT beatable STI sneakable and possibly EVo with standable Civic.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, I just mean if he wants to just beat an SRT then a turbo GSR would be fine. He doesnt need to go all out. s**t theres even turbo d's that can womp on SRTs. That wasnt my point though. My point is, things like a k20 swap and boosting it are what get you into huge magazines and whatnot, I mean its something that for most people take years of hard work and LOTS of money - money that people dont have. Im not saying it cant be done (Cause it has been), but its just not very relastic in general. However if dont_trip really thinks its possible for him, then more power to him.

**edit - this concludes the Dr. Phil session**

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It can and will be realistic for me I'm f-ing tired I love my Civic Si and all but it's time the big hairy balls come out of this EM1 with a simple swap and a turbo kit.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's 4 grand for a K20A2 full conversion. Add $500 shipping. That's not even close to 6 grand and you can find them even cheaper. 4 grand is from hmotorsonline.com so it's a reputable business.

spending 4-5 grand on a turbo just means you're stupid.

and 15 psi on a K20 will put you around 350whp so yeah, you'd beat SRT's.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dont_Tri said:
It can and will be realistic for me I'm f-ing tired I love my Civic Si and all but it's time the big hairy balls come out of this EM1 with a simple swap and a turbo kit.
too bad your not in cali, id take your b16a2.

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
It's 4 grand for a K20A2 full conversion. Add $500 shipping. That's not even close to 6 grand and you can find them even cheaper. 4 grand is from hmotorsonline.com so it's a reputable business.

spending 4-5 grand on a turbo just means you're stupid.

and 15 psi on a K20 will put you around 350whp so yeah, you'd beat SRT's.
Sweet so it's going to be a bit cheaper. But what isn't spent on engine and turbo is spent in clutch and axles so it will even out at around $13,000 total build.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ahah, this is crazy you can beat a srt-4 w/ the motor you have, if your gonna drop 10k into a motor USE what you have and have the whole thing redone, low comp pistons, rods, bearings & so on, get yourself some hondata and BOOST THE f**k OUT OF IT, that or just spend about half of that ditch two wheels & 2400lbs and you'll smoke em all ;)

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
personally i would just buy a LS and then boost..thats me tho

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
ahah, this is crazy you can beat a srt-4 w/ the motor you have, if your gonna drop 10k into a motor USE what you have and have the whole thing redone, low comp pistons, rods, bearings & so on, get yourself some hondata and BOOST THE f**k OUT OF IT, that or just spend about half of that ditch two wheels & 2400lbs and you'll smoke em all ;)
:werd:

why is everyone saying motor swap..

build the internals and boost at 10 pounds and you are already killin srt'4s

you can piece a very nice setup for 1500.. hell 1000 if your lucky.