1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Which size tire?? 205/55/16 or 205/50/16 ?????

Discussion in 'Wheels / Tires / Brakes / Suspension (All Gens)' started by Declectic, Sep 12, 2006.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Declectic

Declectic SeanJohn1802 Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Hello all, the time will be coming soon that I will be needing new tires again. Not gonna get anything fancy because I commute 75 miles (total) each day. Currently still on the tires that came with my 2006 Civic EX (23,000, probably got another 8k miles left).

Stock OEM tires are 205/55/16. I've lowered my car on Tein s-techs (not dumped but rids of wheel gap - exact drop is suppose to be 1.4"F/1.3"R)

So i'm looking for experienced opions or advice

A - stick with 205/55/16
    B - go with 205/50/16
    C - if you recommend something different, throw it out there

So becuase I'm lowered, the tires look even bigger than before I lowered them, here is a few pics of before/afer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks guys!

2. Mr. Lin

Mr. Lin Admiral Ackbar Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

if the drop was lower, i'd encourage you to go with either the 205/50/16 or a 205/45/16. however, since it's only a 1.5" go with the 205/55/16.

thicker, softer sidewalls generally equate to more comfortable ride.

3. stince

stince Banned

i agree with Lin. Since it isn't sucha large drop, and your still riding on your stock rims, keep the 55 series tire.

4. ImportFan1

ImportFan1 Super Moderator Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

agreed as well, esp. since you are traveling 75 miles a day.

5. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

stay with the 55's

6. Declectic

Declectic SeanJohn1802 Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

thanks for all the responses guys! :thumbup:

7. watisjdm

watisjdm Clit Commander Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

55's

8. Jezek

Jezek No Avatar FTW. Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

:wstupid:

9. j_fukin_t

j_fukin_t New Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

get some 20"s ;) :rolf: naw all depends if you go to that low of profile its not gonna make your drop look as low, as far as a decent tire that lasts go w/ the kuhmo 711's i've had em for 2 summers and just now need to rotate em ;)