will my 17" wheels rub if i lower my civic

rodrigo.918

I have a 95 civic hatchback with 17" rims 17x7 with +38 offset and 205/40 tires. I want to lower it about 1.5" maybe 2 inches but Im thinking they might rub...anyone know?

sleeper si

Registered VIP
195 should not rub but with 205 you can always roll your fenders or tuck them in.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dropping 2" from stock height you should be fine. not a perfect example. but here is what my old 99 civic with 17x7 with 205/40 tires and roughly a 2" drop looked like

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ummm I think the rotas were like a +42. and at that time no, my fenders were not rolled nor did they need to be

at that height there was still about a 2 finger gap between the wheel and the arch

rodrigo.918

ummm I think the rotas were like a +42. and at that time no, my fenders were not rolled nor did they need to be

at that height there was still about a 2 finger gap between the wheel and the arch
Do you think my wheels will rub since the offset is +38? Someone told me if the offset was under +40 they would rub...I found a set of skunk2 springs for $50 and they give about a 2inch drop but I don't want to get them if I know my wheels will rub

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not a 17" but 16x7 +35 with 205/45/16..........with 195's at this height I had no rub. went to 205 and had to roll fenders........just trying to give you visual ideas.........and this would be more than a 2" drop

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
Make sure you bend up your body seem in the fender or it will cut the center of the tire on speedbumps!!

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have 93 coupe on 17x7 with 205 tires, lowered on skunk2 springs and only the front rubs on bumps, a fender roller will do the job for no more rubbing