Window & lock issues: 6th gen.

Mrclean

Just bought it today, 150k miles. Passenger side front window doesn't work but I can hear the motor run. Window regulator broke? Also power door locks don't work but can hear them trying to cycle. Thanks

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Let us know what car this is. I changed the title to be more pertinent than just "passenger window".

As for the issue, do as boofoo said and remove the door panel to inspect motor, regulator and run channels along with inspecting the mechanisms of the door lock. Its possible that a clip is loose or broke off.

Mrclean

Sorry thought it showed in my profile. 2000 civic sedan LX. This may be a problem as the passenger side door won't unlock so at this point I can't get the door open to do any trouble shooting. I'm off tomorrow so weather pending I delve off into it.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry thought it showed in my profile. 2000 civic sedan LX. This may be a problem as the passenger side door won't unlock so at this point I can't get the door open to do any trouble shooting. I'm off tomorrow so weather pending I delve off into it.
Your car info may show in your profile info, but its unfair to expect unnecessary effort to find basic information about you from people you seek help from. Just keep in mind that the better the details provided in your first post, the better chances you have at receiving useful advice.

With that said, if you are unable to get the door open or lower the window then you might be forced to damage the door panel to rip it out in order to get the door open and repair what is needed. My initial guess is that someone previously removed the panel to inspect the window issues and messed something up with the locking mechanism, or vice versa.

Mrclean

You are absolutely correct and I do apologize.
I do know now that the window motor is good so I suspect it's something in the regulator.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How do you know that the window motor is ok?

Mrclean

I can hear it run in both directions but the window doesn't move, unless it stripped out. Have to figure out how to get the door open first then I can trouble shoot.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
since its new to you, you do know you have to hold the inner door handle out while pressing the lock and unlock if a door is open? a common problem with civic are the door locks/power windows not working because of the driver side door plug that is part of the floor harness (wires pull out of the socket from door opening and closing all the time).i have had just windows affected, i have had just locks affected and i have had both affected at the same time by that damn plug in the door. right now my driver speaker doesnt work with the door closed but works with it open....