Window Trim

sjonesd3

I'm wondering how would I go upon getting new window trim. The current one leaves a black residue on my window as it goes up. Has anyone else had this problem? Would it be advisable to go to the Honda Dealer or look elsewhere?

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
Never seen that kind of residue being left on the glass like that. You could try cleaning it really well first. Put the window down and use a mild detergent and sponge. See if that makes a difference before replacing it. Maybe just a bunch of bird doo in there or something.
That sort of part you would need to get from Honda though. Check online Honda OEM dealers. Majestic Honda usually has better prices than local dealerships.

sjonesd3

Never seen that kind of residue being left on the glass like that. You could try cleaning it really well first. Put the window down and use a mild detergent and sponge. See if that makes a difference before replacing it. Maybe just a bunch of bird doo in there or something.
That sort of part you would need to get from Honda though. Check online Honda OEM dealers. Majestic Honda usually has better prices than local dealerships.
I kept cleaning it but it comes back when I roll it up. I used hand sanitizer l the get it crystal clear. It's not from a bird as it comes from the interior window trim not the outside. Thanks, I'll look up Majestic Honda

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had the same thing and changed out my inner door trim. I ordered them from HondaPartsNow.com or visit any of the several online dealer websites. I believe the outer trim affects that as well from the pressure it applies or lack thereof. On those dealer sites the inner trim ranges in the $30s each but the outer trim is in the $60s each.

Last edited:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hand sanitizer leaves a residue. That is most of your problem right there. Use soap and water.

DavidR

5+ Year Member
Yeah Im dealing with this now if you peel back the rubber strip and inspect it you'll see where its comming from. The inner part begins to wear out and starts rubbing off on your window and messes up your tint if you have any.

sjonesd3

Yeah Im dealing with this now if you peel back the rubber strip and inspect it you'll see where its comming from. The inner part begins to wear out and starts rubbing off on your window and messes up your tint if you have any.
My bad on the late reply and yes I definitely see it now. The inner rubber strip is coming up. Should I purchase it from the dealer?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My bad on the late reply and yes I definitely see it now. The inner rubber strip is coming up. Should I purchase it from the dealer?
Re-read my reply.
I had the same thing and changed out my inner door trim. I ordered them from HondaPartsNow.com or visit any of the several online dealer websites. I believe the outer trim affects that as well from the pressure it applies or lack thereof. On those dealer sites the inner trim ranges in the $30s each but the outer trim is in the $60s each.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It happens. Just had to make sure you noticed it. Good luck with it. Just keep in mind that you may want to change the tints as well so the new ones dont get gunked up from the film residue.