Windshield washer fluid squirting problem in 8th gens?

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hey guys. I know I don't have an 8th generation civic, but this is for my teacher at school. He drives a 2009 Civic EX sedan, and he told me about a problem that he has...

The problem is whenever he goes over bumps on the roads, the windshield washer jets would squirt some washer fluid, and it has been getting worse as it is squirting more fluid each time he goes over bumps. It has been about 4 weeks now that this problem has been happening... I suggested that it may be a loose wire in the circuit for the windshield washer fluid reservoir pump. But I said that it would be better if he took it back to the dealer and have them look at it.

Anyone else have the same problem with their 8th gens?

Dredz

5+ Year Member
been driving mine since August, and haven't had any issues like that.... case pieces are starting to squeek going over railroad tracks though...

clos617

5+ Year Member
wow amazing ive been having the same problem with my 08 civic.whats has ur friend done to fix the problem know im late with a reply but im going to take my car bak to the dealership cuz its very annoying

clos617

5+ Year Member
hey i jus called my dealership and i set an appointment for friday lets see what they say

rallen

5+ Year Member
2007 civic

I have the same problem with the windshield washer fluid squirting. Did you find the cause out yet?

rallen

5+ Year Member
I have the same problem with the windshield washer fluid squirting. Did you find the cause out yet?
Is there a relay in the pump wiring? Could the contacts be closing when it gets bumped?

quail007

Hi, I got the same problem on a 2007 Civic. I was wondering if you found out what the problem was?

09CivicSi

Strange problem you got there

I have an 8th generation SI now the washer pump probably is different than the EX model, but personally have never come across a problem like this, i have had a laundry list since i purchased off the showroom floor in 09' including blower motor, A/C compressor clutch bearing, and others. Definitely have him take that back to the dealership, chances are he no longer has the bumper to bumper warranty so it more than likely will be expensive, but it is something that can cause further problems if there is something loose IE brackets wires etc. wires can short out on the block and destroy the pump, if the pump itself is not properly secured it can cause damage to the mounting equipment and cause further damage. So all in all definitely get it back to a dealer or a reputible mechanic shop if he no longer has warranty that way he may save a little cash.

09CivicSi

oops

seems to me i need to learn to read, wow lol gotta look at the dates, wow 3 years ago damn i bet it is fixed by now lol. My bad