Wipers no swiping

HiddenNshadows

Just had a heavy snow come through my area & now my wipers will only go a 3rd of the way. Never had any problems out of them before. Now they act like they want to work but wont swing. Ive tried everything I can think of & find on certian post & other sites but no direct answer. Has anyone ever had this problem before? I depend on my car greatly & now I cant drive it 60% of the time due to weather. If I pull the drivers side up a slight bit it will swipe no problem but it has to stay swiping or it stops & problem starts over again. Any advice from the pros would help me greatly!

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Maybe the motor is toast? Did you try to turn on the wipers while the windsheild was covered in snow or something?

Sorry but this title made me think of dora the explorer....

emerican

Registered VIP
i had this happen on my ford and it was because the arm wasnt on the bolt it connects to all the way

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
me too! lol!

@ HiddenNshadows try removing your wiper and see if the motor is working...

HiddenNshadows

No I cleared the snow off of it & made sure to take care when I did. I didnt even turn my wipers on till the next day. My car sits low & I decieded just to warm it up & then wait till the next day. I got in the day after & hit the wipers just to clear of a little bit of water on it & thats when it started to happen. Even all my local honda buddys tell me its weird & theyve never seen it before but suggest replacing the wiper motor

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There nuts on the arms are tightened down good? Also could be the motor or the wiper linkage

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Maybe the motor is toast? Did you try to turn on the wipers while the windsheild was covered in snow or something?

rofl x3 . you can tell who has kids

HiddenNshadows

I checked the bolts & they are good & tight but not super tight to where they wont move. I got them working for a short time but once they went back to reset & stayed there for maybe an hour while I was out, it went back to not working. Ive herd from a few ppl its the linkage but I still dont understand why they would work just not properly from reset to full motion.. I dont want to just go spend 110 on parts in hopes it fixes the problem but im guessing I have no choice

HiddenNshadows

ok, guy at advanced said something about the gears being slightly set back & that he could quickly fix it & sees it all the time. I think its the bolts near the motor not just wiper arms so maybe you were right if thats what you were talking about civic 21911

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, guy at advanced said something about the gears being slightly set back & that he could quickly fix it & sees it all the time. I think its the bolts near the motor not just wiper arms so maybe you were right if thats what you were talking about civic 21911
:thumbs up hope that does the trick

HiddenNshadows

Big thanks

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I had let my car stay in a unit so I could do some work, gauges, tire rotate & etc. Hoped while I had it in the garage to get the wipers fixed but I ran into a old friend who pulled out a wrench & made me feel extremely stupid. All he did was tighten the crap out of the bolts that held them on. He said they back off frequently & recommened lock tight if I didnt want it to happen again. I asked why did this happen after a big snow, he said hes clueless to that but he sees it all the time. I even did the exact same thing he did days before had but nothing changed when I did. So basicly the bolts werent tight enough I guess. Sorry for the mass display of ignorance on here but all I can say is the way he torqued them down is a way I never would do to my car personally. On a good note though, I picked up 2 engines for $300. an h22 & a zc. The guys just moved in down the street & needed the space. So much for finding a kseries but maybe it will work out for the best. Ill make a new thread with pictures & ask more opinions from the pro's here. Hope everyone has a great weekend