wiring question about obd2b to obd1

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok so i did a manual swap on my car about a year ago. Everything is in good working order, well im about to drop in a new motor and i was testing a p28 ecu on my car to make sure the harness and ecu worked. Well it actually runs better then with the stock p2p ecu but thats also probably because i have the d15b and it runs horrible on the p2p.
But ok anyway i was testing it out and i notice that where i normally have a rev limiter i no longer do with the p28. The ecu is stock and we tried it in my buddys car and he has a rev limiter where its supposed to be.
My question is has anyone else on here done a auto to manual swap then did a motor swap and converted to obd1 then had issues getting a rev limiter set or to actually work?
Any help would be appreciated like something that needs to be re pined on the harness or something along those lines. Its not a major issue but one that would be nice to fix before i drop in the new motor

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rev limiter at what RPM?

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Rev limiter at what RPM?
Where its supposed to be at 7200rpms
Idk if ill have this issue when i swap in my ls but as of right now my motor has a rev limiter at 7200 with the p2p but with the p28 it doesnt have a rev limiter at least at where its supposed to be, i opened up the ecu and its bone stock so im assuming its something to do with the fact that i didnt switch to a manual engine harness because the same conv harness and ecu in my friends car has the rev limiter where its supposed to be at 7200 rpms
Any idea what it could be or how to change this?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why would you be running a P28 on an LS engine? Unless your building it, and tuning it. If thats the case, then when you tune it, have a rev limiter put in when you chip the ECU. If not, then I dont know. Im pretty sure 5spd and auto engine harness's are basically the same, except for the auto tranny plugs, and different IACV wiring. I ran a P28 for awhile on my Mini-Me that was converted from auto to manual, and had no issues w/a rev limiter. :what:

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why would you be running a P28 on an LS engine? Unless your building it, and tuning it. If thats the case, then when you tune it, have a rev limiter put in when you chip the ECU. If not, then I dont know. Im pretty sure 5spd and auto engine harness's are basically the same, except for the auto tranny plugs, and different IACV wiring. I ran a P28 for awhile on my Mini-Me that was converted from auto to manual, and had no issues w/a rev limiter. :what:
Im just running the p28 on my d15b for now cause it runs better and i wanted to test and see that my used conversion harness worked. The p28 im only borrowing from a friend but the ls will eventually see boost just for now tho ill run it on a stock pr4 computer. When i go to ls/vtec tho i will go back to the p28 at that point. I was mostly just worried that because i had no rev limiter at all (or at least i dont think i do cause i didnt rev past 7500) and thought i may have issues in the next month or so when i swap out the d15b for the b18. Maybe the ricers think having no rev limiter is cool but i like the fact of having some over rev protection especially when i go boost.
Anyway tho thanks for your time and help