Wont move in gear

I have a 2004 hobda civic ex coupe that wont go into gear .. i have flushed the transmission fluid

• Transmission

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Gears

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dena j

I have a 2004 honda civic ex coupe that wont go into gear .. i have flushed the transmission fluid which was black ..please help

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Manual? Automatic? Need more information, leaving out pertinent information wastes your time and ours. If the fluid was that dark, you destroyed your transmission. Whether it was yourself or the previous owner, someone burned it up. Either way, you need a new one or to have yours rebuilt.

bairdandrew77

Was the transmission having any issues before it gave out? Any weird noises? Is it automatic? If so, with the very limited information here I'm going to agree with lethal6. Those civics don't have great automatics, it's not uncommon for them to fail if any service is skipped

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Was the transmission having any issues before it gave out? Any weird noises? Is it automatic? If so, with the very limited information here I'm going to agree with lethal6. Those civics don't have great automatics, it's not uncommon for them to fail if any service is skipped

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
That and they are very well known for failing after a flush is performed when one hasn't been done in a long time.

warkentinkrys

I have a 2004 honda civic ex coupe that wont go into gear .. i have flushed the transmission fluid which was black ..please help
Had a problem like that, mine was from having a broken shift er, mine is a automatic trans, the problem was it was broken like sense( not senser like chip problem more like a fail safe mech)

When you go to put a car into gear you know how u have to push in the brake and push the button on the shift er to move from park to rev., drive, etc. Well when the shift er broke the. Button it self wasn't able to release it into gear or move it thus making the car UNABLE to START and making the car UNABLE to go from park posisiton into drive. So bottom line shift er may be broke

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk