Worn moldings & seals suggestions

RealtorJeff

I have a 1996 Civic EX sedan and wondered if anyone has a solution to replacing the deteriorating, cracking and crumbling door window, windshield and headlight moldings (at a reasonable cost)? Thanks in advance for your help!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your title mentions rubber weather stripping while your post says molding, which are different things. We need clarity and reference pictures would greatly help.

RealtorJeff

Thanks HeX and boofoo for your replies, sorry to be unclear on the post. Here are four photos of the door/window joint seals, sunroof and wind shield, let me know if you are unable to decipher?

As a side note: Does anyone have suggestions on what to do to reduce road noise in these models (e.g. will installing weatherstripping around the doors, etc. help)?

Attachments

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That clarifies things, so I tweaked your title accordingly. You answered your own initial question. You can order all those parts from an online dealership, such as HondaPartsNow.com or several others, and install them yourself. The door molding can simply be repainted to save money as thats just cosmetic.

RealtorJeff

That clarifies things, so I tweaked your title accordingly. You answered your own initial question. You can order all those parts from an online dealership, such as HondaPartsNow.com or several others, and install them yourself. The door molding can simply be repainted to save money as thats just cosmetic.
Thanks so much for the input!