worst tank i have seen on my civic

soooperspeed

hi there look at this .. i changed my old leaky petrol tank today (what a bit of work that was )

and it is extreme

looks bad but not too bad but on closer look

really rough

even a hole in it on the top

so finally after forever searching i got a new one and painted it with waxoil too seal it good

so up she went and on it went .. alot harder than i thought .. bolts snappin here there and everywhere everything was rough but now its all good

is this a common fault with the coupe or the civic in general for the tank too be so bad or am i just unlucky
:suprise:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know if it's common for the tanks to be that corroded. I believe it has a lot to do with your area. Where I live, rust is rare. We don't salt the roads in the winter or anything like that because we have very mild winters.

I also think it's uncommon for people to drop the tanks on their civics. The fuel pump can be replaced under the rear seat, so there's not too many reasons to drop the tank. The new one you got looks a lot better!

soooperspeed

yer i live near the sea on a coastal town think the car has been mostly inland till i had it

strangely tho the rest of the car apart from the rear arches was in great shape

when i got this tank off tho i went over the whole of the underside and checked it and resealed it all

that tank i got was brand new pattern part its really great and fitted ok just slightly larger thank the original so had too lengthen the straps a little but all good

had too remove the rear bumper too as the car is dropped i could not get up the ramps lol

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn thats crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk