Would this fit? 2002 EM2

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why don't you call them up and find out...?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What kind of driving do you do?

As you know, the rear sway bar is interchangable from RSX to EM2, but remember, this is stock to stock. I would actually call them to be sure though, the under side chassis of a EM2 is similar but not quite as much the same to a RSX underside chassis. If this is the case, then you might have a clearance issue installing the sway bar.

falcon

uber noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
type s and type r ones fit so i'm going to assume that this should as well

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yea but like TK said, there may be clearance issues. I honestly think that $550 for a rear sway bar is a little over the top on an EM2.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
33mm sway bar, you must be doing some heavy auto crossing to be getting a sway bar this thick. I used to autox in my EM2 with a 16mm sway bar, it was more than enough to keep the roll at a minimum; I just lacked power to weight ratio.

So like, the only way possible I see this size bar most effective would have to be either turbo or swapped, or completely stripped on stock motor. Our chassis doesn't have much roll in them to begin with; having a 33mm bar will make you feel like you're driving a brick around the corners...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Having a 33mm bar is going to be way too much, I used to have the 22mm RSX rear sway on my car and if I took a corner hard enough my ass end would kick out. Id say stick with something like H&R, pretty sure that rear sway goes for like $140, then youll have $410 to spend on something useful.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Progress has a nice sway bar for much cheaper... just another option for you.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
33MM is overkill. and if that doesn't include thicker/better endlinks then, you're just going to snap those stockers off right away, and are you really going to buy a sway bar for 5bills? It looks really nice though, but that's really for some serious auto x

I'm personally looking forward on buying a Progress Rear sway bar, they seem really nice, and they come with a tie bar that says Progress on it which is pretty sweet looking, it's 22MM a tad beefier than 05-06 DC5 rear sway bars.

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
550 is a lot to spend on a rear sway, H and R makes a good one too check that out

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$550 is a down payment on a Dezod turbo kit!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I think that the general consensus is that you shouldnt get it. Go with H&R or Progressive.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i wonder how many minutes of driving with stock endlinks would last with that sway bar on :shock:
Probably not even minutes...maybe even jacking the car down on the floor might snap them. I heard of peeps snapping the endlinks with the stock bar. :rolf:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Do you really think that a $550 sway bar would come without endlinks though?

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You never know, there's always stupid s**t like that, so it could be possible. but i wasn't really saying it didn't come with it's own endlinks. i was just saying. ;)

I'd put it on with the stock endlinks just to see how weak they are. Cute lil endlinks. hehe

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
$550 for a hallow bar?

Browse clubRSX.com for some used RSX rear.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You never know, there's always stupid s**t like that, so it could be possible. but i wasn't really saying it didn't come with it's own endlinks. i was just saying. ;)

I'd put it on with the stock endlinks just to see how weak they are. Cute lil endlinks. hehe
Yea, s**t probably would snap with stock endlinks just from hitting the ground. The endlinks snapped on my RSX sway bar, saving up for an H&R now.