Wow I got screwed...

blknpurple

Katrina hit the Gulf Coast when I was stationed there, a lot of cars were submerged. The mani was probably not from there since even if the car was submerged, the filter would've kept the sand out of it. The seller told me the mani was sitting in a dirty shop for couple years..Probably accumulated the sand then...

P.S. Congrats for being the 100th post on my thread!! Well, the 100th reply...

blknpurple

A little bit of an update, so I was able to find a 2-prong plug for the 2-wire IACV, turns out there are plenty in a car, so I dont think mine is the for the IACV exactly, but same type of plug and wire colors. The reason I dont think it was for the IACV (engine was removed at junkyard) was because the wire color/position.

Notice here the green wire is on top:

Here's mine:

So I wanted to confirm that the splicing into my harness will be reversed, right? Also, were anyone able to verify my "corrected" VTEC wiring?
Also, my KS is here, along with the rad and fan, waiting for the y8 injectors/rail to come and get this thing going!! Expect many pics to come!!

lowandslowek

ifi had a answer for you i would tell ya....... but i am definitely staying tuned for this one

cuetip

Registered VIP
man purple i would say just throw that motor out and drop another one in, and buy the ecu for that motor and start all over

blknpurple

man purple i would say just throw that motor out and drop another one in, and buy the ecu for that motor and start all over
Money's tight (like that ass in your avatar pic :D) so I'm trying to get this eng running right..I have a feeling though it's gonna take a crap in a couple years anyways. Then I'll have to do a swap, hopefully by then things are looking up financially. Anyways, right now the car isn't worth the money, I should've started on a better foundation.