XpL0d3r's Build.. Rice to Swapped to Boooost ;)

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Del sol= Honda screw up. I how are you going to have this small ass car with a lousy top that is heavier than the civics of the same time frame
It's actually lighter than his current Civic...

1994 Honda del Sol S MT 2301
vs.
1998 Honda Civic DX SDN MT 2339

Del Sol's are heavier than 92-95 Civics, yes (and actually, Sols are only heavier than the Hx/Vx/Cx Civics. The Ex/Si's are heavier than a base model del Sol S), But not heavier than 96+ Civics. So, it's safe to say that del Sol's arent any heavier than a regular Civic of the same time frame.

Your point is invalid, noob. :lol:

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
It's actually lighter than his current Civic...

1994 Honda del Sol S MT 2301
vs.
1998 Honda Civic DX SDN MT 2339

Del Sol's are heavier than 92-95 Civics, yes (and actually, Sols are only heavier than the Hx/Vx/Cx Civics. The Ex/Si's are heavier than a base model del Sol S), But not heavier than 96+ Civics. So, it's safe to say that del Sol's arent any heavier than a regular Civic of the same time frame.

Your point is invalid, noob. :lol:
So 38 less than a sedan. You don't see a problem with that? Let's see remove rear seat and hardware out of the sedan what are you at.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So 38 less than a sedan. You don't see a problem with that? Let's see remove rear seat and hardware out of the sedan what are you at.
lol the rear seat of a sedan is not more than 40lbs. Be better off running with a 1/2 tank or less of gas. I'm just saying that del Sol's arent so much more heavier than a Civic that it's not worth driving or building. The ONLY thing bad about del Sols, is the flexible chassis from the top being off. Other than that, they're almost identical.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I honestly used to like them then I rode in one and it just didn't impress me

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mine's slammed to the ground, so it's like driving a god damn go-kart around town. I love it. :lol:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mine's slammed to the ground, so it's like driving a god damn go-kart around town. I love it. :lol:
I hate driving on side roads though because the middle of them still have mounds of snow and my exhaust plows through them all :/

Put two winter tires on finally. I have 4 but I'm getting them all powder coated pretty soon... any ideas on colors?

Currently:

Oh yeah... she got hit by a drunkie while parked in a parking lot :evil:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hate driving on side roads though because the middle of them still have mounds of snow and my exhaust plows through them all :/

Put two winter tires on finally. I have 4 but I'm getting them all powder coated pretty soon... any ideas on colors?

Currently:

Oh yeah... she got hit by a drunkie while parked in a parking lot :evil:

Ouch! Looks like its just the bumper though and nothing else. Could have been worse but still sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pull the bumper and pop it out. Sucks that it got hit though.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the tail light looks broken as well.
Yep, tail light is shattered, bumper is broken.. unfortunately the guy scraped it so bad there's actually a nickle-sized hole in the bumper :???:

Got it quoted for around $600, and I'm going after the other guys insurance... the guy ended up hitting hitting another Civic, went up on a curb and hit my friends fence, came back around clipped my car and went straight into a BMW X3. Sucks for him lol.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
his ass get arrested as well i hope.
Nope. He got off the hook but not much we can do... my friend saw him driving with his wife riding shotty... saw him having trouble parking but didn't actually see him hit the cars. Cop showed up, and the guys WIFE is on the police report as "accidentally hitting the gas instead of the brake"... guy wasn't even listed as a passenger. I think she took the blame so his drunk ass wouldn't get in trouble. And since we didn't actually see the guy hit the cars we can't prove for sure it was him driving :???: I told the officer and he's aware, just shitty luck I suppose.

Oh and happy new year all!

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So....where's the updates on this pile at? :rolf:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Haha update: she's dead and has a flat tire. She looks sad and hasn't been running in over a month :(. Ill get her fixed or sold soon though. Idk...

Sent from my eye phone

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll buy her off ya. :lol:

$1000. You keep the shell. :rolf:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Update:

http://tinypic.com/r/6xqf7c/8

^ That happened over the weekend. Snap chat so deal with the shitty quality, and sorry for breaking your neck.

"This b***h is back!"

.... so I thought. Coming back from the test drive I started hearing a scraping noise from underneath. Parked and took a look, BOTH straps holding the gas tank up had completely rusted and snapped off and were dragging. The tank is still being held up (I assume by more rust :lol:).

She's so rusty, this might be the end of Gertrude.... :(

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just swap it all over to a new chassis...