XpL0d3r's Build.. Rice to Swapped to Boooost ;)

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn just read through the build, badass man! Wish I could boost my sedan but Cali logs make it to difficult and expensive to do legally. How's the new clutch working out?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn just read through the build, badass man! Wish I could boost my sedan but Cali logs make it to difficult and expensive to do legally. How's the new clutch working out?
Thanks!

Yeah.. passing inspection for me most likely won't be happening... I have no cat, no o2 sensors (open loop), OBD1 ecu, etc, etc.... oh well...

New clutch is nice, haven't been driving too much because I live on campus at school and we just had finals, so it's still in the process of being broken in.

I gotta get it broken in for next week though because I may be doing my first auto-X ever =D

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
First ever Autocross this past Sunday - had a blast!

It was at SeAD - an abandoned airstrip... so it was a pretty fast course I guess (compared to others)

I was in Novice Street Mod class... placed 6th out of 18th for the class - so not too bad..! Went up against a couple STi's and a couple M3's as well.. Looking forward to doing it again soon!

I loved what the announcer said about the car "That Honda needs a tissue because it sounds like it has a cold. I bet it's fast though" - because every time I let off the gas the BOV would pshhh ;)

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get any videos of your runs?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Get any videos of your runs?
Unfortunately, no. I'm looking into purchasing a camera, or at least an iPhone holder for my car so I can at least record something, lol.

Next event is June 19th, and I'm pretty sure I will be attending this one as well - it's right on campus so I'm only ~5 mins away.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When am I swapping heads? I need some cash...haha.

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol ^ cool story bro. seriously, your car is looking amazing! truly nice work man :thumbs up

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ed[K*];3110323 said:
lol ^ cool story bro. seriously, your car is looking amazing! truly nice work man :thumbs up
It's between me and him, "bro". If it werent for me, his car wouldnt be where it's at today. :thumbs up

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's between me and him, "bro". If it werent for me, his car wouldnt be where it's at today. :thumbs up
sorry, i shouldve quoted it instead of just pointed "^" i meant about his story at the airstrip, i wasnt
talking about what you were talking about sir, my apologies

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha, it's cool. Thought you were trying to be a d**k there for a minute... 'tis cool. :thumbs up

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
So I just read through the build, here's my analysis.

#1 You my good man, are funny as hell.
#2 I love how far you have come with this car.
#3 I still don't like sedans, but yours is noice. lol
#4 I wish I hadn't voted yet for the featured ride #2 contest
#5 Since it looks like you don't mind driving far distances for things, come here so I can drive this beast.
#6 Unless I missed you saying it, did you replace that bad injector and have you gotten your lip yet?
#7 Have you went any higher than 10psi and if so, wat did it push?
#8 I'm not into the paint(body and VC), but it's unique so it gets the points back.

I don't know why I put it in list form, maybe cause I'm high. Looks good though. Tuned in and can't wait to see what you do next.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So I just read through the build, here's my analysis.

#1 You my good man, are funny as hell.
#2 I love how far you have come with this car.
#3 I still don't like sedans, but yours is noice. lol
#4 I wish I hadn't voted yet for the featured ride #2 contest
#5 Since it looks like you don't mind driving far distances for things, come here so I can drive this beast.
#6 Unless I missed you saying it, did you replace that bad injector and have you gotten your lip yet?
#7 Have you went any higher than 10psi and if so, wat did it push?
#8 I'm not into the paint(body and VC), but it's unique so it gets the points back.

I don't know why I put it in list form, maybe cause I'm high. Looks good though. Tuned in and can't wait to see what you do next.
1. Thanks, I remember being bored as fck at work writing this up lol

3. Thanks man! Appreciated!

5. lols

6. I have replaced all injectors with 725cc Injector Dynamics from here:
http://www.injectordynamics.com/ID725.html I love these injectors and were definitely worth the $

7. Negative, I'm actually at 9psi or so right now. I only have a 10.1lb spring in there, and I still haven't but the built B18 head on, and don't want to risk the internals boosting any higher (stock internals).

8. :thumbs up

While I'm here. Suspension is absolutely blown. Car bounces more than a skinny chick with DD's running bra-less. Looking into either Tein coils, or Progress CS-II's, not too sure yet. I want to replace ASAP because I'm looking forward to AutoX again soon..!

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You've finally inspired me to get ahold of Go-Autoworks an start talking turbo. I want a f**kin banner on CC damnit!!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
In all honesty, I dig EK sedans, lookin good foo
Thanks mayne :thumbs up

You've finally inspired me to get ahold of Go-Autoworks an start talking turbo. I want a f***in banner on CC damnit!!
Good choice! Greg from Go-Autoworks is super knowledgeable and is a great guy, he'll def help with out with whatever you want. Had a few turbo clamps break on me and I had two more shipped to my house the next day -- can't ask for better service!

Definitely let me know how it goes!

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice progress man! mine should be done soon hopefully. cant wait to finally have my car boosted!

JDM 94 EG Hatch

Initial D
Registered VIP
ugh man makes me want my ej8 sedan back :( i had so much planned except i wasnt planning on hydro locking and throwing a rod but i have my eg hatch and it helps me coope.