yes/no megan racing drift spec exhaust

iwannacivicsi

Hows it going? I have a 2000 civic ex with a aem short ram with aem dry flow filter. im trying to decide which exhaust I want to get. I found a guy selling a megan racing drift spec catback for $100, do you guys think i should pick it up? Ive listened to the yonaka and ws2 and the apexi n1. I feel like the ws2 and yonaka are a little too quiet for my liking and that the apexi n1 is too loud lol I want an exhaust in between. what do you guys think?

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
Hows it going? I have a 2000 civic ex with a aem short ram with aem dry flow filter. im trying to decide which exhaust I want to get. I found a guy selling a megan racing drift spec catback for $100, do you guys think i should pick it up? Ive listened to the yonaka and ws2 and the apexi n1. I feel like the ws2 and yonaka are a little too quiet for my liking and that the apexi n1 is too loud lol I want an exhaust in between. what do you guys think?
NEVER BUY FROM MEGAN!!! I've gone through 3 cat delete's through Megan. ALL of them completely rusted out within 3 months...I have a WS2 Cat-back on my civic and it sounds hellabeast when you rip on it. this is my civic, check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgYxlSWp3mc

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NO. I was suckered into buying one since I liked the look of the muffler (at an angle).

Sounded great for the 1st 6 months. Then, turned into the worst sounding thing ever and got me in trouble with local police. Threw a silencer on it, sounded nice for another 6 months, then went back to s***.

The cheap exhaust kits have sh!tty fiberglass lining, and once that burns off, the exhaust will sound raspy and sh!tty. Bought an Apexi WS2 5 years ago (it was used, too) and it is still on the car sounding great. You get wha you pay for with exhaust.

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
NO. I was suckered into buying one since I liked the look of the muffler (at an angle).

Sounded great for the 1st 6 months. Then, turned into the worst sounding thing ever and got me in trouble with local police. Threw a silencer on it, sounded nice for another 6 months, then went back to s***.

The cheap exhaust kits have sh!tty fiberglass lining, and once that burns off, the exhaust will sound raspy and sh!tty. Bought an Apexi WS2 5 years ago (it was used, too) and it is still on the car sounding great. You get wha you pay for with exhaust.
Dude I got my WS2 5 years ago too and it's still on my car as well =)

iwannacivicsi

I feel like the ws2 is too quiet for me but it's hard to tell when I don't hear it in person

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
I feel like the ws2 is too quiet for me but it's hard to tell when I don't hear it in person

any lower than 3,000RPM is quiet, but once you start getting into the higher RPM's its louder. Plus it doesn't sound ricey or raspy which is the best part!!

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Have you checked Youtube for sound clips? Sorry if that is a dumb question, just didn't see you mention it anywhere.

Here is my set-up.. well, it was my set-up back in the day before I swapped to H series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jZlwZym7js

The car is not quiet at 5k, but quiet sitting at idle ;)

Yonaka makes a decent knock off of the WS2 from what I have been told.

iwannacivicsi

I've listened to a lot of videos especially of the yonaka because I was thinking about getting it. Some videos it sounds really good and some it doesn't sounds too quiet for me. I want to be able to feel the exhaust lol if that makes sense. I want it too be a noticeable difference from stock

Jose1027

Registered VIP
I have the yonaka nd I love it bro, its quiet but after 5k it gets loud.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've listened to a lot of videos especially of the yonaka because I was thinking about getting it. Some videos it sounds really good and some it doesn't sounds too quiet for me. I want to be able to feel the exhaust lol if that makes sense. I want it too be a noticeable difference from stock

If you want to "feel" it, then the WS2 and Yonaka will not be good for you. You sound like you want something along the lines of an Apexi N1, or coffee can muffler. You will be able to "feel" the drone throughout the car. IMO, I hate that as it gives me tons of headaches and sucks to have to deal with on long-er trips.

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a Magna Flow cat-back and I like it alot not crazy loud but not quiet either.

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
Is the apexi n1 loud than the megan racing drift spec?
Whatever you chose, just don't buy megan. Buy brand name. when it comes to exhaust, you honestly get what you pay for. the A'Pexi will outlast the Megan by years. guaranteed. and the N1 and Racing Drift Spec are essentially the exact same exhaust.

iwannacivicsi

Has anyone had any experience with the megan racing drift spec exhaust? I've heard a lot of good things about them on other threads

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
Has anyone had any experience with the megan racing drift spec exhaust? I've heard a lot of good things about them on other threads

A friend of mine had a megan NA Type exhaust (not a drift spec but similar to it) on his car (mitsubishi eclipse). He had it for about 6 months before a quarter sized hole was rusted into the back of the tail pipe.

emerican

Registered VIP
if you think the yonaka is to quiet you can go with my setup header, test pipe or high flow cat the yonaka catback. it will make it a little louder still not raspy or ricey, but a little bit louder.