Yonaka Cat Back Exhaust Review

kolya

Hey guys, so prior to purchasing this exhaust I tried finding reviews, videos, etc but couldn't find anything that really helped me out...so I bought it lol! just so I could see if it was any good, I'm hoping to help out some of you who want a great deal on a quality exhaust. So here we go! I purchased the product through tunersports.com and they were having difficulties with Yonaka since the exhausts were on back order. After everything was straightened out the exhaust shipped quickly and everything was packed up securely and safely. I opened it up and it was wrapped in bubble wrap and the weld were beefy and everything was perfect! Its a relatively quiet exhaust, I've had the Greddy Evo2 on my old teg and I really like the tone of this one better, it doesnt drone on the highway, no rattles or vibrations and it sounds really good when hitting vtec, even in my little single slammer. Even my girlfriend liked the sound! :D Now on to pics/vids!

Here is how it looked fresh out of the box:

After I installed it:

...don't mind the torn apart civic ;)

And after it was installed:

(just to show how far it sticks out)

and finally......A VIDEO!!!

Yonaka Cat Back Exhaust - YouTube

Please excuse the poor quality of the video, it was taken on my iphone and its just to give you an idea of how it sounds. I'm going to take a couple more follow up videos of drive by's and the interior sound. Thanks guys, hope this might have helped some of you and feel free to ask if you have any questions! -Kolya

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Looks good. Thanks for posting up a review.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so after you install it your car turns colors?! nice!!!! jk jk nice review..sticks out kinda too far though

kolya

so after you install it your car turns colors?! nice!!!! jk jk nice review..sticks out kinda too far though
Yes! the color changing Civic!! :lol: Thanks for the compliment, i just wanted to share. I really dont mind how far it sticks out to be honest, Im sure that opinion will change once I get my coilovers on there and back right into a sidewalk lol but I like it a lot. Beautiful Civic btw, loving the color combo on it, very well done!

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Does it sound as good in person as it does in the video?

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Mine at least is really quiet but deep tone. Then once vtec hits it gets a really nice sound, almost like it was made for it lol. Perfect for stealth mode or dd like me.

kolya

Dude Im not kidding, it sounds MUCH better in person...I honestly dont even think it sounds that great in the video lmao! I'm going to go take a video from the inside in a couple minutes...start up(cold) let it warm up and then a couple of inside revs. Stay tuned!

Thank you very much =)
Not a probllem good sir!

Very nice:thumbup:
Thanks man! :D

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My buddy at work (emerican) has this exhaust. Really does have a nice mellow tone to it. For the price I say it's a good buy.

kolya

Mine at least is really quiet but deep tone. Then once vtec hits it gets a really nice sound, almost like it was made for it lol. Perfect for stealth mode or dd like me.
I COMPLETELY agree, its very tame and quiet and it sounds mean when it hits VTEC...even in my little single slammer :lol:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I COMPLETELY agree, its very tame and quiet and it sounds mean when it hits VTEC...even in my little single slammer :lol:
Yeah the friend I know has a 1.6 as well.

kolya

Im uploading a couple videos right now, so YOu all can get a feel for the sound inside on a cold start, inside with the engine warm and outside with the engine warm.

Cold Start Interior:Yonaka cat back exhaust cold start interior - YouTube

Warmed up Interior: Eg Civic Yonaka Cat back - YouTube

Warmed up exterior:Yonaka cat back exhaust exterior warm - YouTube

It was quite cold outside so excuse the exhaust smoke...and I need to change my valvestem seals lol I'll get some drive-by shots when I can! Enjoy and let me know what you all think. -Kolya

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey i actually just found this thread through google lol cause im trying to see hot far it sticks out, Kolya, would you mind taking a stright side shot, level with the muffler/ bumper to show how much further then the bumper it actually sticks out.

let me know if you want me to take an equal picture of mine to give you an idea what i mean if it doesnt make sense.

thanks in advance.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's my review from when I just posted it on my build thread. With the shot I believe you guys were looking for. And no it doesn't touch my rear bumper, although I don't believe there is any room for a rear lip..

Got the Yonaka cat back on yesterday, love it. Sounds great, quiet when I'm cruising and loud when I hit vtec. My only negative comment about it is that it is too tight underneath my car. So it's touching the underbody of my car and when I start my car it bangs up against my car cause of the vibration. Other than that its a great exhaust.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Mine actually sticks out past the bumper about an inch, yours looks sunk in...from your other thread it seems like you are having some weird fitment issues.