Yonaka Cat Back Exhaust Review

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh wow lol. You guys ordered the 96-00 coupe version? Maybe they gave me the wrong part? The curvy tube with no hangars on it is probably the part that is too small, cause I had to literally push with all I had to get the muffler can part and the curvy part to fit together so I could put the bolts in.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Mine was a piece of cake to install. Hits nothing, rubs nothing, fitment was perfect, so idk what your problem is. I will take some pics of mine and show you. Give me a little bit and they will be posted on this post.
UPDATE: I just went outside and took these real fast, cell phone pics but you get the idea.
3/4 view

Side view...............................................................................................VVlook theres me lol

Top view

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm...maybe they sent me the wrong piece..I may email them about it cause that's weird that you'd have perfect fitment on yours and I wouldn't when we have the same car lol

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I have heard some people getting the yonaka for an eg when they ordered for an ek, etc. I guess you get what you pay for lol. Still a good value.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have heard some people getting the yonaka for an eg when they ordered for an ek, etc. I guess you get what you pay for lol. Still a good value.
interesting...I wonder if they'd still exchange it since what I got is not what I ordered...

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I don't know anything about their customer service or policies, I guess you could try if it bothers you that much, or I'll sell you mine for 300...

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I was asking the OP to take one if his sense we both have hatches. Like some others have said different fitments on different models. So a picture of an EK may not represent what it will look like on a hatch.

Also has anyone had any issues with the angle that the tip comes out?

ekprimal

bringing this thread back to life! I love the sound clips that were posted. My yonaka catback has been back ordered for a month and they are expecting to get them in by this week.

I have a question about the fitment tho. I have the OEM rear lip on my bumper. Do you think it can still fit ok? is it possible to angle it downwards if it doesnt fit or rubs the lip?

also hearing about how people are buying different types of the yonaka (like the people who have EK's are buying the yonakas that are meant for EG's??) its really bugging me out!!
thanks

emerican

Registered VIP
^ mine fits perfect i dont have a lip, but there is enough room from the tip to the bumper to have a lip there if it did rub it a little i would just trim a tiny bit off the lip no one would notice it

ekprimal

^ mine fits perfect i dont have a lip, but there is enough room from the tip to the bumper to have a lip there if it did rub it a little i would just trim a tiny bit off the lip no one would notice it
thanks bro! now I can rest easy and count the days until this shiny piece of pipe arrives on my doorstep ^^

emerican

Registered VIP
no problem man like i said i have enough room, but if for some reason it does rub the lip a little bit just trim a tiny bit off the lip right above the exhaust tip no one will notice the little bit gone from the lip. If your exhaust fits like mine however you will not need to do it.
Im not sure what page they are on, but i believe there are at the begning of my build thread i have pics of my exhaust installed the cars came a long way since i put the exhaust on, but the same exhaust is still there. There is a link to my build thread in my signature if you want to check it out and see how it looks on my car.

norman98

do u guys have catalytic converter? cause i'm just wondering if do i still need catalytic converter from skunk2 alpha d series headers to yonaka cat back exshaust
11062780_1103729996310311_2726064429070234028_n.jpg 11130259_1103731299643514_5177450308592048550_n.jpg