Yonaka or Magnaflow cat back

DANOCIVIC

Hey all, whats your take on these two systems? I am looking for a deep tone, no raspy tinny buzzy etc. Best fit? Best looking? Price we all ready know goes to Yonaka.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Quality goes to MagnaFlow for sure and the sound is excellent and not at all "ricey".

Enzetsu

I've been looking into Yonaka forever now and it doesn't sound that bad... nice and deep well as deep as you can get with a little 4 banger :P but no real drone. I'm going to get one when get a chance.

DANOCIVIC

Swaying towards the Magnaflow. Be reasearching and their are a few complaints that the Yonaka develops a rattle after a while. Even though they sound good, the reviews seem better with the Magnaflow. For the extra $225 I hope it's worth it.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go with a quality name brand, that being Magnaflow.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i loved my yonaka so much such a deep tone to it
How long have you had it & have you noticed rusting at the welds? That seems to be a common issue with Yonaka that occurs sooner than later.

To me they seem like the best you can get new for the lowest cost but build quality and durability is not high so you get what you pay for. Ive wondered if getting them powder coated or high-heat painted would help against the rusting but I believe the internal humidity is part of that culprit. I dont recall any reoccuring or common issues with MagnaFlow, plus they generally sound good.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i loved my yonaka so much such a deep tone to it
It may have sounded good, but I would like to see the longevity of it and how well it sounded and looked over the long run.
In those cheaper exhausts, usually the first things to go are the baffles in the muffler and the welds on the piping.

I've had two Thermal Research exhausts on two different cars, for the money, hands down I would buy another.

Cody MRsi

Respected
Hi, new to the forum and civic world. I wanted to add a question, I have been going between Magnaflow and Skunk2 cat backs. No one that I know drives or owns these set ups. The only good quality sound clip I have found is the Skunk2 system. My only worry is if buying the Skunk2, are you just paying for the name? I have heard Magnaflow on other vehicles, and always seem to be good quality and sound. I am just a little uneasy pulling the trigger. Again I am new to a four cylinder set up. Thanks for any advice!

DANOCIVIC

Well dudes, went with the Magnaflow. Install was easy. The sound is awesome, not too loud, but has a deep growl . Nice fit and quality looking pipe and muffler. One word of advice is get some new spring bolts before starting the install as the factory ones snap when changing the test pipe section.

14522718_10154117836849220_5131587446027455390_n.jpg
14563415_10154117836559220_4667237428089684640_n.jpg
14595747_10154117836599220_1523750083997226275_n.jpg
14610997_10154117836374220_6535393679416945305_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: