Not open for further replies.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I had bad alignment i mean so bad that my tires eventually deflated. This 1 shop told me i needed $900 worth of parts to fix it, but luckily i found another shop, kauffman tires in mcdonough,GA to be exact. The manager personally worked on mine because he understood what i was going through because he had the same went though the same s*** as a kid.

Today my tires are still good n my alignment is so straight without any camber kits! hard to find people like that now a days.
Most people are either uneducated on the actual facts or they just want to make money.

Tawine

This just saved me money. I need to lower my 99 Civic Sedan so I'm planning on getting eibach or tein springs w/ kyb shocks. One of my workers told me I need a camber kit ! Well now I won't but I'll just get it aligned once again.

Decipher

Registered VIP
I bought kits for front and back... I'm still glad I did since the factory control arms were shot to s**t, but it's good to know for future reference.

Tawine

Can you help me find a place that will align my car without camber kits??

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Can you help me find a place that will align my car without camber kits??
ANY place can technically do an alignment if you don't have camber kits. Whether they want to or not is another question. If you're slammed to the ground, you may not fit on their machine. Or, if you are even just fairly low, they may not want to take your business in risk of liability issues on their end.

Camber is not adjustable on stock suspension. Toe, which is more important, IS adjustable on stock suspension. Which is what this particular thread revolves around. Fix toe-> reduce camber wear(to an extent in most cases).

Tawine

Someone help find a good place that will do it without a camber kit . I can't drive around the city looking for one, after I lower it.... it'll just mess up my tires.

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
Why did you make a second post?

Like I said before, go back to whichever shop has good pricing and good equipment and just stand firm that they should align the car. What do they have to lose by aligning your toe? They still get paid. And they don't have to touch camber or caster since they aren't adjustable.

If anything Civics should get cheaper alignments since you only have to adjust one setting. Argue with them and get them to do it. But be polite about it.

rockybalboad16

evilrilla2 said:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnS.

I think you're confused... The author does not recommend camber kits for 96-00 civic's. He says they could benefit from one. He said he recommends a particular type if 96-00 owners do get one.

I bolded, underlined, and highlighted in red the keyword in the paragraph below of which you are talking about :

It It DOES need camber adjustment with certain drops and rims, I have pictures to prove it too! Before and After. I bought 17" rims with low profile tires, dropped my civic to the lowest possible position. All tires were NEW 100% thread. within months the rear had inner baldness. I freaked out and made a thread in July thinking I needed a camber kit:

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showt...lrilla2+camber

I stumbled into the link that you also found. I did a DIY from a link that LowNSlow97 gave me. I placed about 5 washers if i remember correctly. Then I moved the rear tires to the front, the front tires were not bald. Up to date, 7 months later, my rear tires are not inner balded.

Hence, if I were to leave them as is, because it was RECOMEMENDED i didnt need it, my tires would have had wires sticking out from the inside, thus resulting into a tire pop.

For me, having 17" rims, this is correct:

One exception: A few relatively newer Honda models, such as the 96-00 Civic, the rear
suspension has a pretty steep camber curve, and WOULD DEFINITELY benefit from slightly reducing the negative camber in the rear from what you get from a drop alone. I would recommend the replacement rear upper arm-type camber kits. Those use a turnbuckle-type adjustment that will not slip.

All this is based on REAL life experience and If you want me to post the pictures to prove it, I will.

Posted from Clubcivic.com App for Android

rockybalboad16

rockybalboad16 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilrilla2

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnS.

I think you're confused... The author does not recommend camber kits for 96-00 civic's. He says they could benefit from one. He said he recommends a particular type if 96-00 owners do get one.

I bolded, underlined, and highlighted in red the keyword in the paragraph below of which you are talking about :

It It DOES need camber adjustment with certain drops and rims, I have pictures to prove it too! Before and After. I bought 17" rims with low profile tires, dropped my civic to the lowest possible position. All tires were NEW 100% thread. within months the rear had inner baldness. I freaked out and made a thread in July thinking I needed a camber kit:

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showt...lrilla2+camber

I stumbled into the link that you also found. I did a DIY from a link that LowNSlow97 gave me. I placed about 5 washers if i remember correctly. Then I moved the rear tires to the front, the front tires were not bald. Up to date, 7 months later, my rear tires are not inner balded.

Hence, if I were to leave them as is, because it was RECOMEMENDED i didnt need it, my tires would have had wires sticking out from the inside, thus resulting into a tire pop.

For me, having 17" rims, this is correct:

One exception: A few relatively newer Honda models, such as the 96-00 Civic, the rear
suspension has a pretty steep camber curve, and WOULD DEFINITELY benefit from slightly reducing the negative camber in the rear from what you get from a drop alone. I would recommend the replacement rear upper arm-type camber kits. Those use a turnbuckle-type adjustment that will not slip.

All this is based on REAL life experience and If you want me to post the pictures to prove it, I will.

rockybalboad16

this is true about 92-00 civics when dropping........ on 92-95 two washers on unibody behind the stock rear camber arm does the trick...... On 96-00 u will need 4-6 washers depending on how low you go with it....... and btw you will need longer bolts to replace factory bolts on 96-00...... And as far as i know, this works only for coupes and hatches..... But i have been wrong b4

Straightcuatro

Do I need a camber kit?

Hi I have a 96 civic hatch and I bought it with a chopped suspension. Do I need a camber kit or do I juzt need to adjust the toe?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi I have a 96 civic hatch and I bought it with a chopped suspension. Do I need a camber kit or do I juzt need to adjust the toe?
Wait...

Did you even read the thread? Isn't the title "you don't need camber kits"?

You're messing with us right?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If the suspension is chopped then i suggest new suspension period

Straightcuatro

TigBitties said:
Lol i put mine on in winter and only went lower. and plan on going even lower
mine haz chopped suspension and it pulls to the side when I let go of the steering wheel so do I need a camber kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.