Young_'s 1996 Honda Civic EX Coupe Build!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice dude! and nice header.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks man! I got a few plans for the summer, we'll see where it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Finally showed her some love!

emerican

Registered VIP
planning on giving mine some more love soon too got at least a few parts planned out
i forgot what type of header is that?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
planning on giving mine some more love soon too got at least a few parts planned out
i forgot what type of header is that?
Thirty dollar eBay header. Lol. Never intended to be anything fancy just replaced a cracked manifold. Surprisingly it's held up well.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I will probably get a cheap eBay header soon also. I'd like a bishi rep but there still over 250

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Updates coming soon. =)

Got a credit card.

Don't worry I'm not going overboard. Just using this as a chance to build my credit. So the car will finally get the attention it deserves.

So.. To come...

Transmission rebuild
New clutch (any suggestions)
Lightweight flywheel, maybe?
New door panels
New window regulators
New head unit
Oil pan gasket
Vtec solenoid gaskets (upper and lower)
Dizzy o-ring gasket
Andddd that's all for right now.

It'll all come with time.

Lots of other plans for the future too. So... Be on the lookout =)

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice, that's how I started building up my credit when I was about 16. As for clutches the oem replacement exedy clutch is nice

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My mom says I shouldn't get a credit card. But I want to build up credit through college lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My mom says I shouldn't get a credit card. But I want to build up credit through college lol

I hear college is a bad time to try building credit since money is so scarce and it's easier to get ahead of yourself.

But yeah I feel ya. If you're comfortable enough with your financial situation go for it! I got a secured credit card from capital one. I paid a fifty dollar deposit and I get a 300 dollar credit line. Over time it will improve as I make payments (on time). I plan on building it up and getting a small loan for a better car that I can pay off fairly quick.

I think people are mostly afraid of how easy it is to get yourself into a lot of debt as your interest builds higher and higher.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would just use it for gas. Keep the money in my account each week for gas and use the card, then it'll take it out at the end of the month. That's what I got from my economics class

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well what I did was have a small interest card and keep a balance on it. Only had a 500 dollar limit but I kept a balance and paid the minimum every month on time. Then got a few other loans after collage and now have a house and car financed with around 700 credit score.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice, that's how I started building up my credit when I was about 16. As for clutches the oem replacement exedy clutch is nice

Yeah I remember that's the one you put on yours. How's it holdin up?

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I didn't really drive the car much before I parked it back in the garage and tore it apart again lol. But it felt nice when I drove it for a few months.

emerican

Registered VIP
i started building my credit as soon as i could i got a low interest credit card and like said above only had a 500 maximum, but after i already had the cash i charged 350 on it and then paid the payment every month. as long as you pay it on time when the bill comes due its actually better to take longer and just pay every month until its paid off instead of charging it and then paying the entire balance on the first bill that comes. After doing that a few times they upped my maximum and after doing charging and paying it off a few more times i got a kays jewerly credit card nick the kays card is actually a really good way to build credit long as of course your willing to use it and buy jewelry lol. They will make you pay 20 percent of the first thing you buy and then put the rest on the card after that as long as you pay off that balance on time you can just charge everything you dont have to put anything down on it. the payment for the kays card is only 25 bucks a month so its really easy to pay. i just now paid that cards balance off, because i only paid the 25 dollars a month so more on time payments got reported to my credit. and after i paid off a good bit of the balance i would buy wifey more jewerly lol. After having both of those cards for years and always paying the payments on time and using them a good bit i had enough credit to get a small loan from my bank i got that didnt even spend the money lol i used the loan money to pay the payments for the loan. After getting that paid off and a few other things ive done to build my credit i have very good credit both my visa and kays card will advance me 5k maximums now and i can get a loan for a considerable amount. I havent checked my actual credit score since ive done a few other things to build it up so i believe its around 700 atm and im still doing small charges on my cards to build it more.