Your Opinion is Wanted

Aluseu

93' Civic
So O currently own a 93 Civic ex with slight modifications to it and was just recently offered $3000 for it, If i take it I would be getting a 1987 Civic si hatch which my frirend said was completely worth it if I did a boosted B-series swap. Any personal opinions? What would you do?

cuetip

Registered VIP
s**t why not get it, if u can afford to do the swap

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Are you planning on taking the $3k from the sale of your civic to purchase said '87 AND boost a swapped b-series in there? If so, I don't think it's worth it at all. If your '93 is in good condition, which it should be to be getting $3k for, I'd hang on to it and swap/boost a b-series in there.

Aluseu

93' Civic
I love the ef hatch, and i have the motor already just need to swap it and boost, i was gonna use the money left over to boost, reason I'm not swapping it in my eg coupe is because i don't really like it, and an ef gets more street cred.around here, but is it possible to swap a b20vtec into a ef hatch? I know nothing about 3rd gen civics

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EF gets more street cred? Is that what you kids worry about now a days?

If you like it, do it. Don't worry about what others think or how much "street cred" it gives you. Street cred doesn't mean s*** when you actually enter the real world. :lol:

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just remember its your car, and at the end of the day no one else is gonna care about it except you. Since you're gonna be dealing with it everyday.

086head

Registered VIP
It is possible to do a b20 into an 87 hatch si because ive been researching these things like a mad dog recently. Personaly i would do it seeing how i just went from a 93 civic ex to an 87 si hatch, but my 87 is in amazing condition in opinion. If you do you would have to make custom motor mounts and/or have them welded on the frame. Also there is alot less motor bay room. If you want an idea of what your looking at look at my 3rd gen in the 4th gen showcase. Hey, i like cc enough to have a base touch with it ;)

emerican

Registered VIP
^ im with this let us know
and i defiantly would not do it, but that it me if you want to do it then do it man