Z3 fenders

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can anyone tell me who has good prices on METAL Z3 fenders for a 92 4DR? i have been told to stay away from fiberglass ones. also i want the ones that are one piece, not the ones with the dumb z3 insert. thanks for your help everyone!

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, streetstyler has em I think plus, we get a 5% discount since we're cc members.

nichecivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
www.asylumms.com you can check out....I kind of had a bad experience with them though...I waited one year to get my side skirts and about 2 months to get a injen intake for my rsx-s...worth a try though....good luck

yeah check out streetsyler first

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Theres always ebay. thats were i got mine...

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They no longer make metal Z3 fenders i dont think, they only make the metal inserts now.

Liz

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mine is a metal fender with a plastic insert. may have to do with mine being a newer year...

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ Probably cuz i have been looking for them and everyone tells me that they dont make pure metal Z3 fenders no more for the 92-95 models, just an FYI for ya

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks guys, how much did you guys pay for yours?also does anyone have fiberglass? if so did you have any problems with fitting or anything, i heard the fiberglass ones were tough to line up or something

nichecivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have fiberglass fenders they fit like s**t from the factory i have about 50hrs in sanding and getting them to fit perfect...some spots on the fenders are so thin because they were so waivy from the factory......they are not worth it just go with the stock fenders.......the guy that did all the body work on my car worked on it for 3 months straight getting to fit perfect....I also molded in side skirts(big mistake) shaved door molding(good idea pain in ass) shaved anteana The body guy did a great job but it wasnt cheap....Hope i helped you out!!! Just remember you get what you pay for when it comes to body work....If its cheap in price it will be shitty

oh yeah i bought the z3 fenders when they first came out in englishtown, nj for a wopping $350 im sure they are much cheaper now

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by nichecivic
i have fiberglass fenders they fit like s**t from the factory i have about 50hrs in sanding and getting them to fit perfect...some spots on the fenders are so thin because they were so waivy from the factory......they are not worth it just go with the stock fenders.......the guy that did all the body work on my car worked on it for 3 months straight getting to fit perfect....I also molded in side skirts(big mistake) shaved door molding(good idea pain in ass) shaved anteana The body guy did a great job but it wasnt cheap....Hope i helped you out!!! Just remember you get what you pay for when it comes to body work....If its cheap in price it will be shitty
thanks dude, i think i'll just get metal ones even tho they are more, in the end it'd pry be easier to work with from what it sounds like to me.why did you say it was a mistake molding your sideskirts?

nichecivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
because i can never change them....I realy would like to take the hole veilside body kit off but now i cant because they are a part of the car now.....So pretty much i am suck with it looking this way and i would rather it not have a kit because of the attention the cops give me......I get pulled over for stupid things...and if im in a group im the first to get pulled over because my car is the flashyest......are you picking up what i am throwing down?

Liz

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I paid $58 bucks for mine on ebay. And the probably 30 for S&H. Mine still are not painted yet. Cuz I got into a reck and I am broke. But does anyone know what I should be looking at to get them painted. It does not have to be show or anything. But just something that looks nice.