z6 in a 4th gen si hatch ?'s

94_eg_hatchback

5+ Year Member
ok first i have a jdm zc in my hatch right now, but i just got a complete z6 with wiring harness. what do i need to do to get the z6 running in my hatch? plz i need to know everything.. thanks alot.

BIGODUB

bigodub
5+ Year Member
i just completed this swap the hard way. the quickest and easyiest way is to buy a rywire kit. they have everything you need. obd-0 to obd-1 harness, distributor conversion harness. trust me this is the best way.

BIGODUB

bigodub
5+ Year Member
good choice they give vyou complete instructions and even have tech support if you get stuck.

1kreationz

5+ Year Member
WAIT....use your obd0 wire harness on to the z6 with every wires being where it should go and since you got the complete wire harness for the z6, do this to your distributor....save your money....lol

http://hondaswap.com/hybrid-ed-ef-da/how-wire-your-own-obd-0-obd-1-distributor-wiring-adapter-73435/

and if i was you, i use that sohc zc block and slap the z6 head on, better performance because of the P29 pistons the sohc zc has....it will raise your compression to 11.0 - 12:1 compression ratio, producing a better amount of power ranges from mid to top end.....just a suggestion...!

coricivic

EF-Jordan
5+ Year Member
you can stay obd0 and use your a6 distributor. then just get an obd0 vtec ecu and chip it so it doesnt look for the knock sensor or second o2 sensor. or get a rpm activated switch or vafc to control when vtec kicks in. the a6 dizzys dont mate up to the z6 heads without moding it. theres plenty of write ups.

BIGODUB

bigodub
5+ Year Member
man i totally forgot about you. sorry. i will post my paper i made. it shows where the wires on that harness went and what they are. using that i was able to see that thoes 4 wires were crossed and thats why my car wouldnt start i have it up here by monday.