ZC install

ZChatch

5+ Year Member
I have a 89 Si hatch and I just purchased a DOHC ZC motor for it. My first question is for anyone who has this same engine. I just wanted to get an idea of any bumps in the road so-to-speak, and anything that I might need to know that would make it as smooth of an install as possible. I know that these pretty much just bolt right up and work fine, but I'm doing this all in one weekend and I need the car for work on monday.

I've done my homework on these installs but I would just like to make sure all my bases are covered.

I purchased a new timing belt, tensioner and water pump already. Gonna wait on the distributor because of price (dealership told me it would be about $300 for a new one) and I'm gonna get new spark plugs/wires. So other than that I think I should be good.

On a side note, I just bought some Tokico blue coilovers and wanna know how good of ride quality these things give ya.. The previous owner of my civic had it lowered and it bounces all over the place... feels like i'm on a mechanical bull going down the highway.. So I dont wanna install these new ones if they are gonna feel like that.

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Move To The Right Section!

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You also have to swithc it over to mpfi and get a resistor box for your injectors.... other than that enjoy

99HondaEx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
where do u find a harness at?

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you always use the harness that is in your car and modify as you need too