ZC pistons in a 4th gen???

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My friend has a D16z6 in his 88 hatch and he wanted to put some ZC pistons in his motor. But he heard it would raise his compression to over 13. Is that true? He would have to use like over 100 octane then right?

Also, if i do a b20 vtec set up in my crx and left it pretty much stock, but tuned, what octane would I have to use? Trying to see if im better off going just b20.

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im not sure about the compression in the z6.. i dont think it would be anywhere near 13.. but b20/vtec 93 octane would be the best thing.

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wmertz said:
im not sure about the compression in the z6.. i dont think it would be anywhere near 13.. but b20/vtec 93 octane would be the best thing.
I wouldnt have to go over 93 would I? Actually we dont even have 93 at the pump where I live. 91 is highest. So i would have to do additves right? s**t maybe I should just go b20, since this is my daily driver right now.

nurevEKcivic00

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Rex_89 said:
My friend has a D16z6 in his 88 hatch and he wanted to put some ZC pistons in his motor. But he heard it would raise his compression to over 13. Is that true? He would have to use like over 100 octane then right?

Also, if i do a b20 vtec set up in my crx and left it pretty much stock, but tuned, what octane would I have to use? Trying to see if im better off going just b20.
i dont know about the d16z6 but in the b20 id use the stock requirments which is probibly 87 octane but if u wanted u could probibly use 89 octane but i wouldnt use a fuel with a higher octane rating than the engine requires, you can send this unburned fuel into the emissions system nad It can also collect in the catalytic converter. When you over stress any system, it can malfunction or not do what it was designed to do properly. so if your going to kep the enigne stock with minor bolt on's and a minor tune id keep it at the 87-89 octane or w/e the engine requires

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I would like to stay in 87-91 octane range. Anything over would just be to much money for me. So from the looks of it, im probably just going to go b20 no vtec.

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn thats hella high. So I guess my friend was right.