ZC Swap info.

BADFISH

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just purchased my first Honda 3 days ago. Its a 89' Civic DX Sedan?=) WOW, this thing is slow! :( So, I have decide to swap in a DOHC ZC. I need some help with parts for a ZC swap. I have located vendors for the ZC motor, Eagle Connection Rods & Turbo Kit. I have also found Info. for DX to SI wiring conversion.

* Still Need To Locate *
Forged Pistons.
Intake & Exhaust Cams.
Springs & Retainers.
Timing Gears.
88-89 Teg ECU.

Also, one more question will my DX tranny mount to the ZC motor.

phan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Sadistik Racing
I just purchased my first Honda 3 days ago. Its a 89' Civic DX Sedan?=) WOW, this thing is slow! :( So, I have decide to swap in a DOHC ZC. I need some help with parts for a ZC swap. I have located vendors for the ZC motor, Eagle Connection Rods & Turbo Kit. I have also found Info. for DX to SI wiring conversion.

* Still Need To Locate *
Forged Pistons.
Intake & Exhaust Cams.
Springs & Retainers.
Timing Gears.
88-89 Teg ECU.

Also, one more question will my DX tranny mount to the ZC motor.
welcome to the wonderful world of ef's! hehe. anyway, i think crower makes regrinds for the dohc zc...you may want to look into that. :thumbup:

daidilus

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your DX will bolt right up...but...........it will accelerate like a ZC powered car should....but your economy will be great.....if you want some acceleration....pick up a Si tranny..you can get em for about 200 bux if you look in the right places. just my $.02

phan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by daidilus
...it will accelerate like a ZC powered car should...
i think he meant it won't accelerate like a zc-powered car because of the longer gearing. :D

phan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by daidilus
yeah phan thanx...sometimes i dont check b-4 i hit submit
all good :thumbup:

so have you decided what you're going to do with the sedan, sadistik?

BADFISH

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My Project

The car has a little over 180,000 miles on it right now. So, that said I'm gonna start saving for the ZC Motor, Pistons, Connection Rods, Block Gaurd, Machining work, Valve train & the Misc. parts.
hopefully by mid-summer I'll have the motor in. Then start saving for the turbo kit & Intercooler.
In the mean time i'm gonna buy Motegi MR7 Gunmetal rims, Paint the car Black, Tint the windows & upgrade the suspension.

phan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Re: My Project

The car has a little over 180,000 miles on it right now. So, that said I'm gonna start saving for the ZC Motor, Pistons, Connection Rods, Block Gaurd, Machining work, Valve train & the Misc. parts.
hopefully by mid-summer I'll have the motor in. Then start saving for the turbo kit & Intercooler.
In the mean time i'm gonna buy Motegi MR7 Gunmetal rims, Paint the car Black, Tint the windows & upgrade the suspension.
cool man. be sure and take pics along the way of the transformation! :thumbup:

BADFISH

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pics

Sorry, I took pictures & they turned out like shi*. So, I'll post them tomarrow.

phan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Re: Pics

Sorry, I took pictures & they turned out like shi*. So, I'll post them tomarrow.
picspicspicspics...now! :D

BADFISH

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pics

I'm having some trouble posting pics. Gonna have to do one at a time.

BADFISH

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
More Pics

That Sucked. If theres an easier waylet me know. Thanks.