ZC_VTEC turbo is alive!

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ZC_VTEC turbo is alive! 56k go cry in a corner.

Well, it is becoming alive. The guy who is doing the job for my brother has being going hard on it for the last couple of days. They had to do a lot more fabrication than they expected they would. All charge pipes were made in the shop, as well as the downpipe and dump tube. Here are some pics:

This pic is my favorite. (making room for the fmic) *note the amazingly horrid ractive strut tower bar. We took the sticker off and flushed it down the toilet. Then we sprayed the bar in anodized blue.

This is a pic of the block off flange that he had to make because the one they sent with the turbo was too small :roll:

This is the sweet down pipe he constructed out of a shitty SS AutoChrome one.

Last edited:

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good, but that manifold looks like an obx one..if not its made of ss, correct??? that s**t ill will crack like there is no tomarrow. what size turbo is that?

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's an SS alright. It will crack and have boost creep because of crappy wastegate placement. It's only temporary so he doesnt really care. He's one of those guys who doesn't mind cheap stuff. Me on the other hand... well, I have more money than he does, and I spend it.

The turbo is a T3.

Last edited:

ner0x

SOHC MY DOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
christ that's a nice setup

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what size t3?? i wasnt yellin at ya, calm down.

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't actually remember the a/r or compressor size, he's told me before but I don't remember. I'll have to ask him when he gets home with it. Why are you telling me to calm down? Did I come off as being mad?

Last edited:

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
huh maybe i just read into your last post wrong, with the its an ss alright. i took it as a ITS AN SS, ALRIGHT GEEZ WTF!!! oh well.

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that first pic is coooool...wooooo, sparksss good luck completing it

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's done, but he's still got a lot of tuning a head of him, so he basically limped home with it. The fuel ratio's are all over the map. Tuning with a VAFC is a pain in the ass.

Last edited:

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ohh...i see, that intercooler looks hella small...or is it just me

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It is a pretty small fmic. It should do the job though. It will be fine for 8 psi for sure. He's probably going to have to get something bigger after he gets his internals.

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dats what I thought, any idea what brand it is? The GReddy ones are bigger than that arent they? like a 31 core

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
speaking of greddy cores, I was debating whether to get the type 31 kit you mentioned or get the type 24 kit(this one is bigger). I'll be running the Greddy turbo kit on my D16Z6, at the stock 6-7 psi setting. I know the type 31 would be more than ok, but I plan on building a bit after that and going up to around 12-14 psi. Whatcha all think? (sorry about jacking your thread, just glad to see someone knowing something about greddy intercoolers)

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bigger isnt always better. if you arent flowing enough, it can actually hinder your performance..the 31 is more than enough.