Zex on b16

98wickedcivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is zex on a b16 bad. Let me know what you guys think. And also how do you set it up with the box on a dry kit.

98wickedcivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no one can help me

silvertuner98

Banned
its nitrous, as long as its done properly you shouldnt have any problems. what do you wanna know? "is it bad".... well im sure a 300wet shot would f**k your s**t up pretty bad

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no it's not bad. liek everything else, however, without a proper tune you can blow your engine, gaskets, and all sorts of other stuff. MY friend blew his built b18c5 three times, twice with NOS. then he learned to go to a different tuner, and he hasn't blown it since. It's a 500 whp turbocharged nitrous sniffing mean green lima bean. just get it tuned properly and you'll be fine. by the way, what's you paint? the sig is really interesting.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the zex kit is pretty self explanatory, i believe you can go to their site and get the pdf to see whats involved in the install, i personally like the wet kits better but either one is fine

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
zex dry kit is great..and hella easy to install

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
use it safely, like anything and it has a better chance of not screwing you if you use common sense. but at the same time, like any power adder, itll take away from your reliability on some level and some point

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
make sure you retard your timing, put 91 octane in your car, use the zex plugs, and hook it up to wot. do a compression test every time you squeeze, and as soon as you start seeing a drop in compression, STOP using it.