****Zrjdmda9's Build ThreaD****

ZrJdmDa9

5+ Year Member
So after owning this car for a few months i figured i would start up my thread. Will most likely be slow progress for a little while, But i assure you with will pick up, so please be patient.. Don't really know how i should start it off but this is ok i guess lol.

Now Lets get started shall we.....Will have pic up of the car itself tomorrow sry for the delay =( and also sry for the bad quality pics :thumbdown:

Pic of the bay basically when i first got it minus, the nice valve cover(Painted by SHG_Riley) and the spoon elbow(Bought off of SHG_Mike)

A few months after having the car I decided i needed to start the working on it.

So i came across a sweet deal i couldn't shut down

I got offered to trade my Usdm Itr seats, for a semi built D16y8 head. (Was gunna get rid of the seats anyway)

So I took the offer to my advantage and completed the trade with H/T name Markland Photo (Kevin)

Parts in head:
-Skunk2 Stage One cam
-Skunk2 Valve Springs and Retainers
-Skunk2 Pro Series Intake Mani
-Skunk2 Pro Series Cam Gear

And soo the breakdown began...

Dirty little gurl(Kinda glad got the newer cleaner head :thumbup:)

Getting a little more to the point

Installed the new ARP Headstuds/ Cometic head gasket

Cleaned up the head a tiny bit

Installed the intake manifold.. which look awesome on the Sohc head

Long a$$ runners

Basically all that was done then then new head was put on...

I enjoyed the experience of being able to do all of that in 1 night with barely and flaw, especially when you have the help of ur friends there... Thanks again guys

The is a few more things i have done to the car since then will get pics up very soon..Let me know what ya think :thumbup: :beer:

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
saw this on honda-tech, nice :thumbup:

** moved to member's rides.

ZrJdmDa9

5+ Year Member
Thank you very much fellas!!! Then you are prolly gunna se some repeats lol

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
f**ken clean man, how much of a difference is it from before and how much did you get that elbow for i want one

ZrJdmDa9

5+ Year Member
f**ken clean man, how much of a difference is it from before and how much did you get that elbow for i want one
Thanks dood!!! I got the elbow and stock box for 100 but like new they are around like 150..

ZrJdmDa9

5+ Year Member
And i cant forget this the new v/c waiting to put on.. kinda ran into some stuff with the head yesterday on my way to school.. =(

i go to school in mahwah, Nj and im driving to school perfect nnothing goin on and then all of a sudden my car startes acting wierd, and i didn't understand wat was happening. Then all of a sudden my car starts sounding like a WRX and i was liek that cannot be good at all. So long story short i leave school early and bring it to my friends shop and sure enough the timing was a little screwed up so it made a valve in the 4th combustion chamber hit the piston and bent it, along with chipping two of the valves in the combustion chamber. (a little hard to see in the pic but its there)

:thumbdown:

So it is being brought to a machine shop this week and i am having new valve springs put in, along with a valve job/replacement, cutting the valve seats and replacing the guides. Def will post pics up a soon as i get it back on like monday or tuesday

Attention Forgot to post about this happening.. My bad

ZrJdmDa9

5+ Year Member
So Evan came over tonight and we got to work on cleaning up the pistons and the block/tranny. And let me tell you, wow what a difference that a wire wheel can make.

Before:

After:

Thats all for now, its not completely finished. I will be doing the face of the block and the rest of the tranny next..

ZrJdmDa9

5+ Year Member
Yea got some bad news...my friend called me today to let me know how the head was doing and he said that they found out that the intake springs were on the exhaust side and the exhaust springs were on the intake side..soo that mashed the guides and all the stuff...

so now i am waiting prolly till saturday to get it back if not.. then like monday or something soo now the head will be brand new basically and 800 dollars.. but i should have no probs as soon as i get it back

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn :shock: Howd you get the springs backwards?

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
springs were installed when he got the head so the story says.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
holy ....those pistons were nasty lookin! oo man...great work!

ZrJdmDa9

5+ Year Member
Damn :shock: Howd you get the springs backwards?
i bought the head like that....i should be getting the head back within a week

But in the mean time i am gunna clean the rest of my bay, and motor... more updates tonight maybe??

ZrJdmDa9

5+ Year Member
So i just got some good news... my head was just finished at the machine shop and i am just waiting on a price soo i will probablly pick it up tomorrow morning or afternoon.. :thumbup: