wtf is this????

psychotic_civic

I'm pretty positive thats your purge solenoid

low2earth

5+ Year Member
yea i bought a iacv from a guy and when i received it thats when i realized the part i was looking for wasnt the iacv. go figure so now im trying to find the rite part.

95c1v1c

5+ Year Member
Why can't you just clean your old one with carb cleaner? Mine was filthy and running strange, and cleaning it made everything very smooth.

MINI MUGEN

HATCHY
5+ Year Member
Why can't you just clean your old one with carb cleaner? Mine was filthy and running strange, and cleaning it made everything very smooth.
x2 thats wat psychotic did its in his d15b post. but 95 civic i think he needs a differnt part tho that might be his problem

psychotic_civic

but while its on topic....since you have a spare iacv just let it soak in carb cleaner for a night and slap it on.....that way you know its clean....whats exactly wrong with your car?

psychotic_civic

I also cleaned all my electrical connections with electrical parts cleaner to ensure all of my sensors are able to send a good signal

low2earth

5+ Year Member
i tryed cleaning the purge silinoid filter and didnt do any difference. see when i start my car after been sitting for 1.5hrs+ it starts sputterin and sounds like its gonna stall but doesnt. ounce the car warms up after 10min the idel kickes up. a buddy of mine said pull each sensor 1 by 1 and if it stops then thats where the problem is. so when i pulled the purge plug it didnt sputter. now i do have a check engine on but dont have a code scanner and dont know how to do the paper clip trick. now i figured the idel kickes up high cause the guy i bought the car from up the idel so when he started it it wouldnt stall.

MINI MUGEN

HATCHY
5+ Year Member
i tryed cleaning the purge silinoid filter and didnt do any difference. see when i start my car after been sitting for 1.5hrs+ it starts sputterin and sounds like its gonna stall but doesnt. ounce the car warms up after 10min the idel kickes up. a buddy of mine said pull each sensor 1 by 1 and if it stops then thats where the problem is. so when i pulled the purge plug it didnt sputter. now i do have a check engine on but dont have a code scanner and dont know how to do the paper clip trick. now i figured the idel kickes up high cause the guy i bought the car from up the idel so when he started it it wouldnt stall.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1901557 this should help a bit