smart phone advice-verizon rant

civicexcoupeman

Evil Monkey FTW
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok guys this is what happened. I came to live in PA and my grandparents offered me to be on their cell bill. Wtf not ya know? So we went and put an additional line to the family plan.

Yet s**t occured before i move up here last year and my grandpa mailed me his cell so i could use before i moved. Thus all my friends got his cell #.

So when we put me on the contract obviously I got a new number. Yet didnt want it. I wanted the old grandpa's # that i told to my friends. So at that time they switch numbers I got the new phone with my old grandpa's #. And he got to keep his current phone when i gave it back to him and got a new number.(he rarely if ever turns it on so wtev)

I have LG VX8300 its ok i like it but want something better. My grandpa has a 4-5 year old phone and isn't eligible for a upgrade becuase they treat his cell as a new cell on the contract..he needs to wait like 2 years or what ever the time limit is to upgrade. Mine i can upgrade.

Yet i really don't want to extend the contract 2 years if i don't have to.

What i want outa a phone:
*Full keyboard
*Can hook it up to a computer to put my music onto it to listen to and make my ringtone
*txting
*calling
*games/tv or other bullshit i can get without a data plan
*camera

Anyways my price limit is 150$ shipped

Now I was looking at the Blackberry Curve Nice smartphone yet id need to pay 140-150 or what ever for it f**k that. Plus when I went in today they said if i buy it from them I HAVE TO GET A DATA PLAN WITH ANY BLACKBERRY

f**k paying 25$. I don't want to pay 25$ and I dont want to make my grandparents pay it..f**k that I can live without internet for a minute on my phone.

So i found that I can get on ebay. The Motorola Q

used or new for like lets say 100-130$
Ive heard its a decent phone. It has Windows Mobile 5 which I heard is buggy but decent for a Windows Mobile Operating system.

I can put an enumerator on it and play super nintendo games or sega games, txt, call people, I think you can watch TV on it but dunno the charge, etc...I think its pretty sweet.

Id get that phone go on the verizon website and basically do a swap. Activate the Motorola Q with my current number. Then my current phone the LG vx8300 will be a deactivated phone. Do a phone swap for my grandpa so he has something a little more up to date lets say then his POS 5 year old phone that he never upgraded before I came into the picture.

Anyways I went into Verizon today talked about phones. I had some coupon for the blackberry for 99$ but that coupon happened to be for the primary number on the contract so never mind that. Then since i couldnt get what i wanted for 99$ lol and they told me "all blackberrys that are purchased you need to get the data plan no if,ands or buts."

So i told them about the Moto Q. They were like cool. If you can do that then do that. Then they said well if you get txt messges or pic messages you will be charged (certain fraction) outa a penny for every txt. Thats BULLSHIT I have unlimited txting..so wtf. I think its just that they wanted me to buy s**t from the verizon store in that case be forced to get the data plan for a smart phone so they came up with some BULLSHIT.

just doesnt make sense. I have a plan on my contract for txting. Meaning the sending of messages. How are they gonna charge me for data for txting when im already paying for txting. Plus the charge for data is a fraction of pennies. just sounds like a bunch of BULLSHIT

I just wanted to hear what you guys thought of that. Is it true? WTF would it be true? Find out wtf you thought about the Moto Q. Or find out what phones on the verizon network that fit my specs above would better suit me?

No im not gonna terminate my verizon service and get a phone thats provided by another carrier. Recommend that and just end your life now. lol

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude u seriously need cliff notes lol, that post confused the living hell out of me lmao

if itl help, i wanted a blackberry when i was gonna get a plan and the guy said get the fone and cancel the data plan after u get it and u wont be charged if u cancel the data plan b4 30 days

civicexcoupeman

Evil Monkey FTW
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dude u seriously need cliff notes lol, that post confused the living hell out of me lmao

if itl help, i wanted a blackberry when i was gonna get a plan and the guy said get the fone and cancel the data plan after u get it and u wont be charged if u cancel the data plan b4 30 days
Possibly want a smartphone..
I got verizon
Now I was looking at the Blackberry Curve Nice smartphone yet id need to pay 140-150 or what ever for it f**k that. Plus when I went in today they said if i buy it from them I HAVE TO GET A DATA PLAN WITH ANY BLACKBERRY
I dont want a data plan. Just use the phone for
*Full keyboard
*Can hook it up to a computer to put my music onto it to listen to and make my ringtone
*txting
*calling
*games/tv or other bullshit i can get without a data plan
*camera

I asked about just getting Moto Q off ebay and make it have my my current number. they said no i wont be force to get a data plan but some fraction of a cent will be charged to me for use of txt messages and pics..This doesnt make sense since i have the ulimited txt plan

so what phone under verizon network to get. Is the BS about being charged for txting remotely true?

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you have a black berry they charge you separate for texts on no matter what network provider. i know its retarded. idk maybe one of the other guys can clarify this but i guess the Blackberry runs on a diff frequency or handles texts a certain way, and they have to use a separate server than the normal one they use to allow texts. but i could be wrong, all i knw is that yes they have separate text plans other than the normals ones for Blackberry's just like the SK on t-mobile.

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well when i had t-mobile on my MDA, i just used the normal text plan and it met/exeeded what i wanted from a fone. just call them and ask them to give u the name of a phone that meets ur needs that doesn't need a separate plan.

civicexcoupeman

Evil Monkey FTW
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well when i had t-mobile on my MDA, i just used the normal text plan and it met/exeeded what i wanted from a fone. just call them and ask them to give u the name of a phone that meets ur needs that doesn't need a separate plan.
I went to the actual verizon store and asked that..and all they showed me was s**t that costed a ton and needed a data plan.

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I went to the actual verizon store and asked that..and all they showed me was s**t that costed a ton and needed a data plan.
try calling them, stores are usually independently owned, even official looking ones. and they have different plans/phones on sale nd s**t. its maadd dumb. i went online and called the provider untill i got what i wanted which was a phone with pretty much all ur asking (MDA) w/o having to add a data/internet plan and keep my existing text one.

he went and "spoke" to his supervisor and i got what i wanted. just be persistent and dont settle. remember they need YOU not the other way around.

civicexcoupeman

Evil Monkey FTW
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
after thinking about it all i want is a phone similar to
Samsung SCH-u740
ENV the first one the second one sux and looks like an ugly calculator lol

any more similar ones in the Verizon network?

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have a Verizon xv6700 PocketPc for sale. It has a full QWERTY keyboard, touchscreen windows mobile, and wi-fi. I cracked the screen on it Friday, the crack is about 3/4 up the phone and goes across the entire width of it. Touchscreen still works fine, it's not the outer layer of the screen, it has to be the inner layer because you can't feel the crack with your finger. I can let the phone go cheap, just PM me.

civicexcoupeman

Evil Monkey FTW
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a Verizon xv6700 PocketPc for sale. It has a full QWERTY keyboard, touchscreen windows mobile, and wi-fi. I cracked the screen on it Friday, the crack is about 3/4 up the phone and goes across the entire width of it. Touchscreen still works fine, it's not the outer layer of the screen, it has to be the inner layer because you can't feel the crack with your finger. I can let the phone go cheap, just PM me.
Well I made this thread as a hypothetical I'm debating doing this in like a month. And would want something pretty much completely functionable lol. But please either reply back here or in a PM give me your personal review of it hahaha. Ive seen that phone online before but never seen anyone in person having it. Like state all the cool features and s**t. Do you NEED to have the data package?

Because mainly what i want. Is to get a phone. With a keyboard. That maybe able to do a few cool things. THAT i can just replace my current phone with and NOT need to do any changes to my current plan. Just swap out phones.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well for pic messaging it charges you per kilobyte to connect to their network, or you can get a data plan and get unlimited. But if you only get a few pic messages a month then I would just pay each time.

civicexcoupeman

Evil Monkey FTW
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well for pic messaging it charges you per kilobyte to connect to their network, or you can get a data plan and get unlimited. But if you only get a few pic messages a month then I would just pay each time.
so does that mean the charges for txting that when i went to the verizon store today was true? I currently have no data plan but unlimited txting.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you are looking at the wrong phones... the phones you are looking at are MADE for DATA plans so if you dont want that its kind of silly to have it.. within your specs (except maybe the using your own music as a ringtone) id get an env2... its a good phone and doesnt have a bunch of s**t you dont need.. in regards to blackberry its not a "kid phone" its a business tool.. thats why the plan caters to that...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you get an unlimited texting plan it is unlimited texting pic and text to anyone on any network.. the end...

civicexcoupeman

Evil Monkey FTW
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you are looking at the wrong phones... the phones you are looking at are MADE for DATA plans so if you dont want that its kind of silly to have it.. within your specs (except maybe the using your own music as a ringtone) id get an env2... its a good phone and doesnt have a bunch of s**t you dont need.. in regards to blackberry its not a "kid phone" its a business tool.. thats why the plan caters to that...
The env2 looks like a ugly calculator...

But ye the first env or the env2 is basically what im looking for. As well as the Samsung SCH-u740. I thought a blackberry similar phone is what i want. But in all reality after thinking about it. All i want is a phone i can put music on, has a camera, a keyboard that i can buy and put onto my same plan without getting the DATA bullshit

are their any other similar phones to those 3 by verizon...give me more to add to my list

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The env2 looks like a ugly calculator...

But ye the first env or the env2 is basically what im looking for. As well as the Samsung SCH-u740. I thought a blackberry similar phone is what i want. But in all reality after thinking about it. All i want is a phone i can put music on, has a camera, a keyboard that i can buy and put onto my same plan without getting the DATA bullshit

are their any other similar phones to those 3 by verizon...give me more to add to my list
its a phone.. not a fashion statement :what: