AC Stench Part 2 : "It Smells Like Death"

AmerOne

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats up guys just a little follow up to my other post , ive been having problems with a horrible smells coming out of my AC/Vents , lots of people mentioned the Antibacterial Lysol trick , so i bought a Antibacterial Oust Spray ( Kills 99.9% germs and virus causing bacteria ) , took off my cowl to get a more efficient spray pattern going into the air duct , set it so it pulls in air from the outside ( NOT RECIRCULATING THROUGH THE CAR as everyone mentioned ), sprayed about 2/3 of the bottle of OUST in there and the smell was gone for like 15-20 minutes , now this is where it gets interesting , The Stench Has Taken Revenge On Me .... next day i turned on the car and it literally smells like a rotting corpse of some sort of THING , my friend almost puked when he got a wiff of my ac and he screamed out " DUDE TURN IT OFF IT SMELLS LIKE DEATH!! " the smell has been staying constanty at the same if not worse strenght/potency .... im running out of ideas can anyone help me ????? Save Me CLUBCIVIC , Youre My Only Hope !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx In Advance
~AmerOne

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe it does have death in it. maybe a mouse died in there some how? just a thought.

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
always tap around the hood and fenders of a car before turning it on in the morning, i usually find cats sleeping under and in my hood compartment because of the warmth from the night b4. last thing u want is to turn your car on and smash the little f**kers head with the accessory belt. just a suggestion, not saying dats what u have but hey what the guy above me said can also be right.

mikhsoj

5+ Year Member
The Stench Has Taken Revenge On Me .... next day i turned on the car and it literally smells like a rotting corpse of some sort of THING , my friend almost puked when he got a wiff of my ac and he screamed out " DUDE TURN IT OFF IT SMELLS LIKE DEATH!! " the smell has been staying constanty at the same if not worse strenght/potency !!!!!!!!!!!!
that made me lol.

might wanna clean it out all the way. i mean completely:

remove your windshield wipers and pull the plastic trim off to reveal the outside air vent, clean that out
open your glovebox and push the sides inwards to lower it completely, reveals the cabin air filter, clean that out and spray liberally into the air vents through the blower box while the cabin air filter is out.

using outs is good but id recommend using a 91% isopropyl alcohol in a windex bottle (can get them for like 1$ at walmart) thats the main bacteria killing ingredient in oust and lysol anyways. the rest is just perfume.

whoops, thats for the 2002+ civics sorry.

if you drop the glovebox, you're gonna find the blower. spray some in there.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hahah, i bet someone got you good. Dead animal in the vents, classic

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah a mini deer. i think i saw paris carrying one.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
always tap around the hood and fenders of a car before turning it on in the morning, i usually find cats sleeping under and in my hood compartment because of the warmth from the night b4. last thing u want is to turn your car on and smash the little f**kers head with the accessory belt. just a suggestion, not saying dats what u have but hey what the guy above me said can also be right.
yea my dad told my a story about a cat in his engine bay back in the 60's. im not sure of what car it was but it was a v8 with a belt-driven fan lol. he said he started up the engine and heard a loud/disturbing meow/screaming. he opened the hood and there was cat guts everywhere lol

zammykoo

caffeinated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that'll suck if someone dripped raw eggs in your vents, got any enemies?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a mexican? :what:

you know someting's dead in there, now just find it. Could be anything, a rat, opossum, racoon, cat, dog, snake, a mexican, squirl etc.....

Played a similar joke on a friend once but instead of a dead animal I threw a live snapping turtle in my friend's blazer. :lol: The f**ker was huge too!

andrew256

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a mexican? :what:

you know someting's dead in there, now just find it. Could be anything, a rat, opossum, racoon, cat, dog, snake, a mexican, squirl etc.....

Played a similar joke on a friend once but instead of a dead animal I threw a live snapping turtle in my friend's blazer. :lol: The f**ker was huge too!
I put a 3 foot gator in my buddies explorer

AmerOne

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would asume most of you are a 6th gen owners , so you should know AC/Heating ducts have no opening under the hood for anything to get into the ventilation system , under the cowl theres a air duct wich has a trap door that closes when the car gets turned off so i dont see any way how something might have gotten into the actual ventilation system :( with that said i also noticed that the AC aint really working now either , im going to wait till the weekend and rip the sytem apart and see whats causing this Morbid Stench ,,, wish me luck and thanks for the advice

steviezee47

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea my friend one day had problems with his steering one day. It turns out we found a rock hard cat caught near the strut in his supsensiopn.
________
Ducati 900 S2