valve cover for 97 DX

chichirock

5+ Year Member
I saw an ad for a Vtec valve cover, I want to get it since it's painted a nice red....Would that fit on my non vtec 1997 DX?

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no it wont.

i do have a valve cover that ill sell you. ill paint it whatever color you want.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry about the cell phone pics. ill get better final pics with my digi.

First primer coat

second primer coat

first black coat

second black coat

everything done minus clear

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cover looks great, how much if i wanted one done with a custom design, and shipped to 24088, how much that run me?

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cover looks great, how much if i wanted one done with a custom design, and shipped to 24088, how much that run me?
i dont really do custom. lol. just helping this dude out. plus this is the only single cam VC ive got. if you wanna ship me one, ill paint it any color you want. nothing extravagant (sp?)

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you wet sand that? is it cleared? and what kind of paint did you use?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Done being a d**k.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol that dude is just saying that it won't fit so he can get rid of his valve cover. :thumbdown :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown
right, because im the sheistiest OG member on here. get a life. The valve cover will work. I was thinking of the differences between the d15 covers and this one. Since the plugs are on the other side. Since the OP and I have communicated through AIM and PMs. Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that youre out of line. He and i communicated about the valve cover i have. Which I sand blasted yesterday, and primed it last night. Tonight i did the final coats of red. Im painting it per his request.

The D16Z6 valve cover he posted above does not have the proper mounting location for the throttle cable bracket.

If you would like to point fingers at me and make me look bad. Youve done a horrible job. Please remove your post and I will do mine as well.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol that dude is just saying that it won't fit so he can get rid of his valve cover. :thumbdown :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown
and yes, selling my one and only d series valve cover is gonna make or break me. :roll: Not like i dont have GSR and B16 valve covers laying around. get a life.

chichirock

5+ Year Member
he did a great job communicating with me and painting the cover. He is looking out for other people while also getting rid of some of his stuff.
Don't hate, appreciate!

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
some more pics. still not finished OP please give me some feedback since ive not heard from you