Black Magic's baby - Timeline

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, my 96 civic is my b***h and I call her Rhonda.

Anyways, I've been on this site for a while and I don't think I've ever posted pics of my ride... mostly because its stock. I've made some decent dough and I'm actually serious about doing some mods I've always wanted. It begins THIS summer for me!

A little bit of history... I bought my car over 5 years ago when I was in high school

No modifications began until 2006.

Summer 2006:

Summer 2007:

Summer 2008:

Summer 2009:

Hate it or love it, either way I do what I like =)

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This JUST came from the mail man. This must be what Christmas feels like!

12" wilwood brake kit. Don't make it go fast if you can't make it stop!

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
every mod you've done since 2006 i hate. except the coilovers. but like you said....it's your car

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I get that a lot. People don't like the fact that I have a system. I'm not one of those kids who drives around crackin' pavement with bass. I'm just an audiophile. I'm really into sound quality, even at home:

... I know I still have lots of work to get done.

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What's the biggest wheel size you can run with that Wilwood kit?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good audio is worth it, but thats why i have a mini truck and a dodge...
i have that same radio in my mini..
maybe you'll change directions and it will turn out ok.

and make sure to plaster those wilwood stickers on your side windows

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What's the biggest wheel size you can run with that Wilwood kit?
what do you mean biggest?

i have the same kit and the smallest wheel size you can run is 17s. anything bigger than that is fine.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
brakes are only good up to a certain weight for stopping power and for certain size rims in order to properly slow the vehicle.
it is always suggested to upgrade brakes with any modification to your vehicle...

im pretty sure thats what he was getting at

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
as much as i do not like your car.. this looks REALLY nicely done..

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I get that a lot. People don't like the fact that I have a system. I'm not one of those kids who drives around crackin' pavement with bass. I'm just an audiophile. I'm really into sound quality, even at home:

... I know I still have lots of work to get done.
i dig your monitor. i got the same one haha. i think mine is 20" or 19"

nice hid retrofits man, those are really well done. sound system is a little too obnoxious for me though. Maybe try to hide the speakers and sub?

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks everyone.

I spoke to a wilwood representative and 16" are the smallest wheels you can fit on your car with the kit installed. It also says that on their site. However, I have read somewhere that you will be able to fit 15" on there with wheel spacers. Someone is selling 15" LS mesh rims locally, so I'm gonna buy them and try it out. If they don't fit, I'll just try to sell them or hand em over to my younger bro.

I kind of like the stealth audio installs too, but these speakers are 6.75"... they won't fit into the stock location. I plan on re-doing the trunk this summer because its not very practical this way, (even though I almost never use it).

kaepos

I'm a Registered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think you went a little crazy with the speakers/tweeters but at least the install looks clean. Always do something with professionalism and love and you can't go wrong. :thumbs up

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Some wheels will set it off.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats alot of speakers, i thought i was doin good with just upgrading all my factory speakers, with nice stuff, u really outdone yourlself, i dig it polk ftw

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I also picked up an EL trunk lid and tails from an Acura that was written off... got a great deal on it too! Its in pretty good shape except for a few scuffs b/w the acura and "1.6el" emblem. I need to get the whole car sprayed eventually. I dont see that happening this summer, though. :???:

Then I started working on the tweeter pods again... This time they will be part of the actual panel. Somewhere in between, I helped my bro drill his tweets into the door panel. Need to make a ring for it b/c it sticks out a bit.

I know it looks bad now, but I have to keep applying layer after layer, until its flush, then I will sand it down good.

fyi, this will probably be the slowest build ever. I've had the car forever, and its still pretty much stock, so don't expect too much!

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats alot of speakers, i thought i was doin good with just upgrading all my factory speakers, with nice stuff, u really outdone yourlself, i dig it polk ftw
Thanks. I'm a big fan too. They're sending me a free hat in the mail! =)

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that looks good man, i bet it sounds awsome, i got infinity speakers all around now, they sound pretty damn good, i just need some kinda good bass now , cant decide what i want, that wont take up alot of room in my trunk

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that looks good man, i bet it sounds awsome, i got infinity speakers all around now, they sound pretty damn good, i just need some kinda good bass now , cant decide what i want, that wont take up alot of room in my trunk
Well it was definitely worth the money. I'd do it again if I had a choice. Here's a vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OztYvOPa7QM&feature=email

Beware... bass is extremely distorted because I used the shittiest mic in the world.

Now there are a lot of shallow subs on the market that take up very little room. Haven't used any of them, though.